cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone was blacklisted after 57 days of usage.

We bought a (Tmobile) iphone SE on 6/3/17, revieved it about 6/8/17.  (when it arrived it was still locked with a pin code, and it stll had personal info, and pics, we contacted seller, and was able to resolve issue).

After this we took it to the local tmob office got it switched on with no problems, did data transfers etc... with no further issues. The phone has been working fine, and we had no complaints, until 8/6/17 when the phone no longer showed service available, after contacting tmob we were informed that the phone has been blacklisted. I've contacted the seller concerning this but, have not had a response, it appears the ebay guarantee will no longer apply. Do I have any recourse, or did I get taken for $203.50, for a phone that only worked 57 days?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Iphone was blacklisted after 57 days of usage.

If you paid with paypal they have 180 days to file claim. Go with them to see if it will help. Good luck!

And don't forget your credit card if you use one with paypal.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thank you for the quick response, and possible solution. I was hoping the seller would/could help with a solution, like I stated we're happy with the phone until it was reported stolen/blacklisted.

It's very disconcerting to think someone could sell a phone wait till we're past 30 return policy, then report the phone as stolen, make an ins claim, and get a new phone, and 203.50 bonus, leaving us with little to no recourse. I can't say conclusively that this is what happened, but it certainly feels like that's the case.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Most likely the seller simply stopped making payments on the phone. That's usually what happens. They sell financed phones and then don't make the payments.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Possibly, however at the time of sale seller stated there were no liens on the phone. Bottom line is I have a paperweight, and it cost $203.50, and it appears I have very little opportunity to recoup my loses.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@dwtreasurechest wrote:
Possibly, however at the time of sale seller stated there were no liens on the phone. Bottom line is I have a paperweight, and it cost $203.50, and it appears I have very little opportunity to recoup my loses.

Did you even read the above posts?

There are ways to get your money back. Try them.

If you paid with paypal they have 180 days to file claim.

And don't forget your credit card if you used one with paypal.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I did read the posts, and will try them asap, however it turns out I'll post the results, thank you for the wrist slap.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Here it's a common scam, seller sells a phone that is free and clear, but files a claim with their third party insurance carrier as either lost, stolen or " I dropped in it the toilet. " The carrier is unaware of the insurer's claim, and as with you, authorizes the new user. That lasts until the insurer claims the phone, and marks it compromised.  As was suggested, just file a return with PayPal. No need to mention anything else, other than ' it's not working.'

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@dwtreasurechest wrote:

I have learned not to expect honesty out of folks who fail to make timely payments, the unfortunate of that is they all say there's no lien, doesn't really matter if there is or isn't but again as was said all that has to be said is "doesn't work" any longer.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply