cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International shipping

I sold a CD to an International buyer. I accepted an offer of $5 for the item. My listing showed a $4.65 buyer pays shipping cost. When I  got the ship your item note, I clicked "purchase shipping label", went to that screen and it showed a cost to me of $17 for the label. Buyer was charged, and paid, only $5?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

International shipping

$17.00 sounds about right for International shipping costs. 
Sounds like you made an error when you set up shipping as flat rate instead of calculated. Because it seems you will ship any where in the world for $5.00.

Looks like you're going to be paying for the cost of shipping out of pocket for that transaction.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

International shipping

Yes, that's what the listing shows, $5.00 USPS First Class Mail International / First Class Package International Service.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

International shipping

better check all your listings...

it looks like you have that $5.00 rate for international on a lot of listings.....

I suggest bulk editor, change international to calculated shipping from flat rate

(but you need to make sure your weights and dimensions are accurate too)

or, at least change it to $20.00 until you can change it properly..cause you can't ship anything international for $5.00

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

International shipping

I appreciate  the help but, on international orders we only ship to a domestic ebay hub, in my case somewhere in Ohio or Indiana. Ebay takes it from there.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

International shipping

@wonderbag1 wrote:

I appreciate  the help but, on international orders we only ship to a domestic ebay hub, in my case somewhere in Ohio or Indiana. Ebay takes it from there.

Hate to say it but you're not using eBay's international shipping program. 
Your items say worldwide. eBays International Shipping hubs are in California and Illinois not Ohio or Indiana. 
If you were using eIS your shipping pages would look like this. 
IMG_1645.jpeg

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

International shipping

nope....you are not (at least on the 20 I checked)

see the post from @ebooksdiva ......

you are not using EIS

I will try again...

you need to bulk edit all your listing and REMOVE any international shipping you have designated....that is the way EIS kicks in.....

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

International shipping

To opt into eIS you need to go to Shipping Preferences 

Then click Opt in..in the image below I am Opted in because it says Opt out. 
IMG_1646.jpeg

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

International shipping

As others have said,you are not opted into EIS and right now all of your CD's are set at a $5 flat rate shipping to all other countries.

If you planned on using eBay International Standard Delivery program which is a different  program than EIS, you still ship to a hub but you have to charge and pay for the international portion of the shipping.  That program doesn't have the same benefits as EIS so you may want to opt into EIS.  

The items that aren't CD's are showing that USPS international prices which is what your CD's should show if you are going to use EISD.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply