cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think the USPS (secretly) has 2 levels of Ground Advantage.

Level 1: For customers.  Seems to take about the same amount of time as the old First Class Mail, 3-5- days.

Level 2: For USPS use. When ever I order free Priority Mail  shipping supplies, it seems to take forever!

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: I think the USPS (secretly) has 2 levels of Ground Advantage.

Mail seems to go wherever there is room for it.  What type of shipping you paid for has little to do with it.   Where is fits, it ships.   I have found little difference in shipping times no matter how it's sent.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Not sure what proof you have to come to that conclusion.

USPS does not operate that way for me.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

That's the price you pay for living in paradise.  I live in the Midwest and usually get my stuff in a couple days.  The fulfillment center is about 50 miles away in in Aurora Illinois.   

The more supplies and the faster they can get them out in the world the more money they can make.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Ordered 4-15-24.

Shipped via USPS Ground Advantage.

It's been 2 weeks. Still hasn't arrived.

"Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility."

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

It all depends upon the size of the sails used on the ship that is bringing your "free" supplies.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Are they charging shipping for free supplies now? If not, you really can't complain. In my experience they do take their timed getting it out the door, but once they ship I get in 5-7 days. I always order supplies early so I don't run out. 

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@slyders_finds wrote:

Are they charging shipping for free supplies now? If not, you really can't complain. In my experience they do take their timed getting it out the door, but once they ship I get in 5-7 days. I always order supplies early so I don't run out. 

I have many flaws.

One of them is ... not ordering my shipping supplies far enough in advance so I don't ruin out.   😉

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I also live in Hawaii an the new ground shipping for items less than 1 pound arrive quickly. Anything weighing more a pound (parcel or media) always come via ground to LA and then via boat to Hawaii.This takes from 4 to 6 weeks. Sadly for us Ebay sellers we are forced to send things things priority as Ebay only allows us a week for arrival. We are forced to pay the higher mailing prices or we will get lots of defects. Ebay loves it because our fees are based on the higher prices paid.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

are you being facetious about living in paradise. try paying the costs we pay for everything.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@ryanrobyn wrote:

I also live in Hawaii an the new ground shipping for items less than 1 pound arrive quickly. Anything weighing more a pound (parcel or media) always come via ground to LA and then via boat to Hawaii.This takes from 4 to 6 weeks. Sadly for us Ebay sellers we are forced to send things things priority as Ebay only allows us a week for arrival. We are forced to pay the higher mailing prices or we will get lots of defects. Ebay loves it because our fees are based on the higher prices paid.

@ryanrobyn 

Someone else mentioned this on the sellers board.

I have had several GA packages weighing over 1 lb. get to their destination on the mainland in 3-5 days.

So maybe not ALL packages over 1 lb. go slow boat? 

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

you were one of the lucky ones - glad for you

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

I have had GA parcels, including media mail, be delivered in HI 3 business days. But also have had them take over 2 weeks. So I called USP and talked to someone. If there is room in a bin of priority mail going to HI that is not full, they will fill it up, after all, they pay dimensional weight for the airlines to transport it.  BUT if there is no room, then the parcels go to San Francisco and they start filling up a bin that will go by ship to HI. When it is full, it is loaded onto a ship and shipped over.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Not exactly related to shipping to Hawaii but here on the mainland, my past experience is they ship free supplies when they get around to it.

When the shipment hits my local post office, again, they deliver to me when they get around to it. At least that is what I experienced in the past.

Though, that is my experience from the past. When the pandemic was setting in March 2020, I ordered enough for a couple of years and then quit using the Priority service as much over the last several years, so I am still stocked.......  rarely ever send anything Priority these days using their packaging. 

I will end up dropping all this stuff off at the post office or the pack and ship joint, down the road.

Posting ID
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

3 weeks and counting....

Moving Through Network

In Transit to Next Facility, Arriving On Time

May 7, 2024

Accepted at USPS Regional Origin Facility

SAN FRANCISCO CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

May 3, 2024, 11:28 pm

USPS in possession of item

SAN FRANCISCO CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

April 16, 2024, 6:06 pm

Pre-Shipment, USPS Awaiting Item

April 16, 2024