cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm being charged by USPS for voided shipping label dating from December 2023?!?!?

This is something I haven't encountered before in the 23 years that I have been selling on Ebay.

This week USPS charged me for 2 separate shipping labels that had been voided back in December of 2023.  Their reason was because the labels were used after they had already given me a refund...which is not true.  The labels were never used at all...but  for some reason the tracking numbers attached to the labels are showing that they were used for shipping in March of 2024.  I don't understand how that is even possible.  The labels were thrown away in December and never used...but the tracking is updating as if I mailed the packages out last week...which I did not do.

Is anyone else having this same issue?  I'm not even sure how to fight it with USPS and the only things that I can think of is that the tracking numbers are being recycled and someone else has shipped a package using the exact same tracking number...OR...it is a glitch with the USPS tracking system that is somehow providing false updates when nothing has actually been shipped.

Message 1 of 131
latest reply
130 REPLIES 130

Re: I'm being charged by USPS for voided shipping label dating from December 2023?!?!?

ok, I got the notification they will be crediting my account but no mention of how much the credit will be and it hasn't appeared in my payments yet. will keep this thread posted as to when/if it actually shows up and if they correctly cover all fraudulent charges. others please report back when/if you've been fully reimbursed.

Message 121 of 131
latest reply

Re: I'm being charged by USPS for voided shipping label dating from December 2023?!?!?

@devdev Thank you for the updates (and to everybody else, too)

Do I need to do anything to get the refund, or will it be automatic?
Also, what about the late shipments showing up in Seller Hub? Can we just appeal those and have them removed?

Thank you.

Message 122 of 131
latest reply

@cjsbargins 

So I took my printed paperwork to her today, before I saw the updates on this thread.  She gave me the name and number of an inspector that is responsible for the area I'm in. I called and left a message on his voice mail.  In my friend's opinion, she thought it looked like a fraud issue, especially when I told her it was dozens of sellers being impacted.  She said the only way she thinks it would be a glitch would be if some type of virus or worm got into one of their central systems and planted those ghosts scans. If that happened, it would have triggered their system to automatically charge.  

In addition to this issue with USPS this week, they mis-scanned all the orders I shipped on Monday. Although I watched them scan each package, they scanned them as "Delivered - Picked up at USPS" instead of "Accepted." I did not realize it until a buyer (thankfully) contacted me asking why their packaged showed Delivered so quickly. I rushed back to the post office and they were able to correct it, but the eBay system never updated. Everything is correct when you view the tracking on USPS.com.  So I already had to message buyers about what happened so they did not all panic when they were notified that their packages were delivered already.  Oh, USPS has also lost one of my orders that I sent two weeks ago. Ugh.

Message 123 of 131
latest reply

reporting back that the credits did appear in my payments activity and were indeed for the correct amounts. glad to have this resolved finally. fingers crossed this doesn't happen again going forward!

Message 124 of 131
latest reply

THanks for the update, after reading some of the last posts, it looks as though ebay is going to handle it (I hope). 

Wow! Sorry to hear about your issues with USPS. 

Message 125 of 131
latest reply

My refund arrived in my bank account today and it was for the correct amount.  

Message 126 of 131
latest reply

Good Morning! 
I was repaid for my label that was double charged by USPS, on May 3,2024. I had to put in two request, the original was just put in normal, then I put in a request for them to look at the request I put in dropping the number of the first request into that one.  I was notified via Messages on Ebay of the credit. 

However , Ebay won't remove my defect on shipping . States because it is 90 days past the date . I can't help that USPS took forever to fix this issue that was not my mistake at all. Zero control over something that changed my rating isn't right. I get 1 defect isn't a big deal, but it is to me ,I keep my board at 100% for a reason. It makes me happy 🙂

Just wanted to give you guys a little hope it can be credited, however if you have more than one that dinged your account, I would say to reach out and make Ebay fix the defect if it hurts your rating. 

Message 127 of 131
latest reply

Hi, thanks for letting us know. I am wondering what type of request you made, who was it made to Ebay or USPS and also what Dept? Thank you for your time

Also, a few people have questioned if packages were actually being delivered to the voided numbers. Today I received an email from a buyer of my voided label, they wanted to let me know they received a notice of delivery that stated the item was delivered April 22nd (from a voided tracking number in January). She said she did not receive a package and was wondering why she received the notice. 

Message 128 of 131
latest reply

I was recently billed $4.64 for a shipping label I cancelled 2 months ago.  I looked up the tracking and it shows I printed the label back in Feb then nothing until May then all of a sudden movement all around california.  I voided that label and had been refunded previously so not even sure how on earth im resposible for that label.  I just contacted ebay about it for the 3rd time today. i was previously informed it was a nation wide issue and I will be automatically refunded. But still have yet to.  Today ebay told me the refund is on "processing".  I expressed my dissatisfaction how ebay was quick to bill me but not refund me.  My time wasted over $4.64.   ebay had no right to take my money in the first place, but now they seem to be taking there time with the refund.

Message 129 of 131
latest reply

Any updates on refunds for shipping labels that were voided? I have spoken with ebay twice and both times I was  told I would get a refund  but I have not received any and I have not heard anything else from ebay. 

Message 130 of 131
latest reply

I also had money fraudulently taken out of my account for a label I never used. Voided in late February, popped up at the LOS ANGELES CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER on April 22.

Message 131 of 131
latest reply