cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to lower shipping costs

How do I get the very lowest shipping charges?

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: How to lower shipping costs

@so-489342 how you calculate shipping into your price if you don't know how far it goes.

You don't.

You use Calculated Shipping.

Enter the weight and dimensions of the package and then the service you want to use. This is done while filling the Sell Your Item form.

EBay's programming then takes that information, compares it to the buyer's zipcode and tells them the cost to their doorstep.

If you want to use Free Shipping, and buyers looooove Free Shipping, you need to work out your cost for shipping and packaging for the furthest destination (Puerto Rico? Hawai'i?)  and add that to your asking price.

Which is cheapest for the buyer? A $10 item with $5 shipping ? or a $15 item with Free Shipping?

Free Shipping is a form of Flat Rate shipping, which is what most of the posters here are discussing.

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Thank you.

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

Thank you..

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

I had a business for over 20 yrs and shipped boxes all over the U.S. and Canada.  I am so impressed with USPS for the lowest shipping costs.  Now I see that many of Ebay customers are getting their packages sent by way of Ground Advantage (USPS).  One item of clothing which in most cases does not weigh muchkl is only $4.44.  I don't care if my package get here immediately, I want to save on total costs.  I wish all of the sellers of women's clothing would send their items USPS Ground Advantage.

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 20 of 20
latest reply