cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How easy is it to check postage prices before assuming they are high ?

Latest feedback, Positive but additional comment that my shipping costs are high internationally, below is a message i sent to the buyer advising to check actual prices before leaving inaccurate comments, check the price if you think it is high, don't just assume and write that rubbish for all to see.

I know this has been discussed many times before and many out there will say it's positive feedback what's the problem ? His opinion is one thing but to actually write that comment without any idea of shipping costs is so annoying, he got Levi jeans delivered to Spain including shipping for a total of $47.98, average cost of jeans in Spain is $80, Christ what more do they want ?

Let's see how they feel when shipping increases yet again on the 27th, It's not rocket science to check a price, easy to do on any countries postal website, the fact the jeans cost less than the shipping they think it's overpriced, how would they feel then if i lower the cost of shipping $5 and increase already a Bargain pair of Levi's $10, Happy now ? Some buyers never seem happy with an overall priced Bargain no matter what you do, so tired of this.

Message i sent the buyer:

Please check the actual cost of shipping internationally before remarks about high shipping are left, you paid me $24.99, i only receive $21.29 after the E Bay / Paypal fees are paid,selling here is not free, the actual cost to ship to Spain is $23.50 which you can check at USPS.COM by entering package weight 2lbs and the destination country, USPS are increasing their prices again on the 27th of this month, i will not be, i already have to add to your postage out of my pocket and i will have to add even more of my money after the 27th, it's very disheartening when buyers state i am making money on shipping when i fact i am losing money, you got Levi jeans $46.60 discount of the ticked value, please check actual prices before leaving inaccurate comments of this nature.

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: How easy is it to check postage prices before assuming they are high ?

"After fees, my charge is not enough"  IS A FACT

"Cost u" IS A FACT

Whether you think my reply was correct or not is your opinion and to me irrelevant. The topic of the post was how easy it would be to check if you were charged a reasonable amount or not, don't jump to assumptions check the correct rate if you have an issue with postage, As previously mentioned no one forced them to pay it, no one pushed the BIN Button for them. Complaining wrongly after the fact is shutting the door after the horse has bolted.

Message 31 of 35
latest reply

@elitefashions12-0 wrote:

"After fees, my charge is not enough"  IS A FACT

"Cost u" IS A FACT

Whether you think my reply was correct or not is your opinion and to me irrelevant. The topic of the post was how easy it would be to check if you were charged a reasonable amount or not, don't jump to assumptions check the correct rate if you have an issue with postage, As previously mentioned no one forced them to pay it, no one pushed the BIN Button for them. Complaining wrongly after the fact is shutting the door after the horse has bolted.

Go to another country's postal site.

Figure out how much it costs to ship your package.

Then tell us how easy it was.

And, remember .... you have all of the information you need to find out.

A buyer most likely doesn't ... And doesn't even know what information is necessary.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 32 of 35
latest reply

I thought I was finished with this thread but thought I would take a peek back at it while waiting for our pizza and see if there had been an end to it. Apparently there has not. After re-visiting the feedback left by the buyer who created such a stir, I am now really scratching my head about it. Well, for a second or two. With respect, I do not understand how that was so terribly terribly wrong. You words "for the world to see" seems greatly exaggerated to me and evidently I am not alone. The famous DR. Phil once said something to the effect of, "My father always told us ... If you think other people are so concerned about what you do, you don't know how little (less than often) they actually think about you." I imagine the buyer was in no way accusing you of anything - simply because of the nature of the feedback itself. It is a compliment not a dagger.  But, that's an opinion and not necessarily fact. It is a fact that it is my opinion and in my opinion only the buyer knows his/her intention. I choose to give people the benefit of the doubt. I truly hope you do not have another similar incident. And now, I am done.

Copied and pasted: 

posted as a Positive ... Excellent seller. Very fast. Shipping costs a little high

Energy flows where attention goes.

The future lies before you like a field of fallen snow.

Be careful how you tread it for every step will show.

Message 33 of 35
latest reply

Quicker to find out than read and answer your posts, fairly obvious we disagree, why continue forcing your opinion on me, as mentioned before it's irrelevant, enter destination country, enter package weight it's on the Customs label they received, so no it's not rocket science is it

Message 34 of 35
latest reply

Go to another country's postal site.

Figure out how much it costs to ship your package.

Then tell us how easy it was.

And, remember .... you have all of the information you need to find out.

A buyer most likely doesn't ... And doesn't even know what information is necessary.

Very easy took me all of 20 seconds

Example from Royal mail UK - US

Information needed : destination country - i'm sure they know the name of the country they live in

Package weight : Printed on the Customs form they received on the package.

That's all they need.

If they have trouble doing this then they really should not be commenting / moaning about postage costs at all.

Showing 8 services The results are displayed in a default order.

Prices marked * are exempt from VAT. All other prices are VAT inclusive.

Service     Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed
Speed       5 to 7 working days delivery aim
Cover        Up to £50 for loss or damage
Tracking   Delivery Confirmation 
Price                £17.35* 
Online Price  £17.30*

Message 35 of 35
latest reply