cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I combine shipping cost so that the customer is not paying for shipping each item,

I've checked the combine items option so that they don't have to pay for each item to be shipped separately, it is still overcharging them, what do I need to do? Please help me, and keep it simple please, I struggle with technology these days. Thank you for any help. I have a customer who wants to place an order, I don't know how to adjust the shipping to make the sale, HELP!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

How do I combine shipping cost so that the customer is not paying for shipping each item,

The best luck I'm having with combined is take all the items they want take a picture make a new listing send them the link and have it all shipped on one order..... the other way to do it is to refund them the overages. I wish it was easier. There may be an easier way. But the single picture lot is pretty easy. the second they pay you need to make sure you are deleting the other items. I've started a folder in my pictures with all the 1st pics of the items so it's easier and I don't have to pull everything out. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Here's how I got it to work so shipping is automatically combined on my listings:

Go to the "Shipping Preferences" page.

Set "Combined payments" to Allow and give some number of days

Add one or more "shipping rules" - I just have one "Calculated shipping rule" which combines all item weights and then subtracts 4 oz. 

Then go to your "business policies" page, consolidate your shipping policies, then edit the remaining policies so that the "Apply..." box is checked under "Combined Shipping Discounts".

let me know if this works for you

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I’m just curious, why does your rule subtract the 4 ounces?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I sometimes have buyers who can't ask for a total on more than 2 items.

Usually because buyers are purchasing items using a cellphone or iPhone.

I just refund the overcharged shipping to the buyers after a purchase.

Ship everything together...AND add same tracking to ALL items being mailed together.

Otherwise, buyer will say I only got one item and not three items because seller only put tracking on one item.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

You can have them put the items in thier cart and then go to their cart.  Above the list of items in their cart should be "request an invoice".  After they click on it you will get a notice.  You can then manually change the cost of shipping and send it to them.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thanks to everyone who's commented. This is one more inefficiency built into the eBay platform... they offer combined shipping, yet not an efficient way to implement it.  Now I have to eat voided shipping label expenses until I'm reimbursed, which takes weeks. I was going to call Customer Service, but based on the answers to the 'Combined Shipping' policy, they won't have anything to add -- if I was able to  reach a human.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@deesquaredsf 

The comments above reflect combining the shipping cost before buyers pay. They weren't talking about making separate labels.   You don't need to make more than one label and then void the extra ones.  If items are being purchased separately but you want to send them in one package, you can go to bulk shipping and combine them.  There may be a way to do it without going to bulk shipping but someone else would have to explain that.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply