cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Issue a Full Refund After Shipping Label Has BeenCreated?

Hello,

I printed a shipping label before I read a message that the buyer wants a refund.  When I go to:  "Manage All Orders - eBay Seller Hub" and look for "Cancel Order" and then on the cancellation details, I get:   "This order can't be canceled. You let us know that you can no longer cancel this order because you already shipped it on September 19, 2017."  And a message was sent to the buyer to that effect.

I emailed the buyer to let him know I will be getting a refund to him and to disregard the message from eBay, explaining why.

So, my questions are: How do I get a refund to the buyer and how do I not get charged a final value fee?   I have my PayPal account linked to eBay.  If I issue a refund directly from there, there are associated fees.  I'd rather do it all via eBay.    I already voided the shipping label so I will get the cost of that refunded. 

Many thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Just fully refund at PayPal and you get your fees back less PayPal's $0.30 fixed fee.

You may have to call eBay to explain away your eventual defect.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Just fully refund at PayPal and you get your fees back less PayPal's $0.30 fixed fee.

You may have to call eBay to explain away your eventual defect.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thanks - that sounds easy enough but I thought there was a way to do it via eBay since there was an option to do it before I printed out a shipping label.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thought:  If I refund via PayPal, not only will I be charged the $.30 fixed fee (not a big deal) but won't the buyer be charged a fee for receiving funds?  

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

It is the same price - Paypal keeps 30 cents - whether you do it through eBay or through Paypal.  Then you call eBay and explain so you get back your final value fees. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

OK, thank you - but - doesn't the buyer incur a fee when he gets the refund?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@auntmame wrote:

OK, thank you - but - doesn't the buyer incur a fee when he gets the refund?

No, there is no fee: The buyer gets the entire payment made ... back.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for helping with the additional information.  

Message 8 of 8
latest reply