cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gift card for completing International Shipping survey. Scam?

I got an email today supposedly from the eBay International Shipping Team. It asks me to complete a survey as to why I opted out of international shipping and is offering me a $25 gift card for doing it.

I cannot find such a message in my eBay inbox and wondered if it is a scam.  Any thoughts?

Many people like their international shipping but I just do not want to get involved for personal reasons so please do not tell me how great it is.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Gift card for completing International Shipping survey. Scam?

It seems to be an actual survey from eBay, but it is a definite SCAM in that you don't really get a gift card.  It states at the beginning that it will give you options and details for the gift card at the end of the survey, but in reality it does not. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I did  a survey.

$25 gift card - lie, not true, SCAM

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@patternsaver wrote:

I got an email today supposedly from the eBay International Shipping Team. It asks me to complete a survey as to why I opted out of international shipping and is offering me a $25 gift card for doing it.

I cannot find such a message in my eBay inbox and wondered if it is a scam.  Any thoughts?

Many people like their international shipping but I just do not want to get involved for personal reasons so please do not tell me how great it is.

Hey @patternsaver

I just wanted to reach out and share some clarification on the survey. 

This is an authentic eBay survey, administered by a third party, sent to a specific set of sellers related to eBay International Shipping. The survey process begins with 2-3 initial screening questions to identify sellers with very specific international shipping experiences. Only those sellers identified through these screening questions will be asked the full set of survey questions. The $25 gift card is offered as a token of appreciation to those sellers who go on to complete the comprehensive survey.

Devon,
eBay
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

That is interesting.  Other members reported that after the first three questions the survey terminated and they were not eligible for the $25.  Funny that the email did not mention only SOME people would get the gift certificate....deceptive to say the least.  Thanks but I have passed.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

This is how surveys from legitimate survey companies work.  You have a series of screener questions, those that pass move to the actual survey.  Those that do not pass will be dropped.  Only those that complete the entire survey get the reward if one was offered.

I've been taking surveys since I first got internet, so late 2000. With surveys like this, the company sending the survey only wants to hear from certain types of respondents.  They do NOT list the criteria beforehand because people will and do lie on surveys just to get the reward.   For example the company may only want to hear from white women ages 18-25, or black men ages 28-45, or any woman aged 50-65 who purchased X brand dog food in the past six months, or any man aged 18-40 who bought X product in the past three months, or only college students of any age, or only Hispanic persons living in a certain state, etc.  If the actual qualifiers are listed the results will be skewed by people taking the survey only for the reward.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Opted out, sole decision maker, under 120k in sales... eBay doesn't care about you.. That's what that really means.    

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

There is a similar survey scam this one is for selling authenticated items./collectibles it's a group session with other sellers and you get a $25 ebay gift card. The only problem is they never send you the gift card and now they don't answer the emails I'm sure if I ask ebay they wil tell me I have to contact the survey provider who now is ignoring me so I think the best thing to do is just ignore the surveys seems lime it's ebay trying to get info for free.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply