cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreign Bidders Using Shipping Forwarding Companies

I do not offer international shipping with my auctions. In my auctions I state I do not ship international or to forwarding companies. Still each week I have a number of foreign bidders that win auction and use a forwarding company with a U.S. address. My question is, if I send the packages through the address  provided, where does my responsibility for getting the package to their destination end?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It ends when the package reaches the address that was used on payment.   You would win an inr if there was delivery confirmation at the freight forwarder's address.

If the buyer filed a not as described return, you would be responsible for a return shipping label from the US address that you sent it to.   At one time buyers would used freight forwarders were not covered for not as described claim but now they are covered unless you can prove that the item was forwarded to them in another country.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

It ends when the package reaches the address that was used on payment.   You would win an inr if there was delivery confirmation at the freight forwarder's address.

If the buyer filed a not as described return, you would be responsible for a return shipping label from the US address that you sent it to.   At one time buyers would used freight forwarders were not covered for not as described claim but now they are covered unless you can prove that the item was forwarded to them in another country.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply