cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fedex shipping label page orientation

eBay shipping question. I have the 2 to a sheet self adhesive labels. When I try to print Fedex labels from eBay it keeps putting the labels in the wrong origination that prints onto both labels. How to I get it to print the labels sideways? It's very annoying.

Message 1 of 91
latest reply
90 REPLIES 90

Re: Fedex shipping label page orientation

I called e bay on this matter. they said they did not get but one other complaint about this (BULL **bleep**) they said they will get back to me (BULL **bleep**) when this first started to happen they gave me a window to the classic page, and that was fine. now that page does not exist anymore. Now I am stuck with a box of avery labels and a ton of FedEx labels. 

Message 61 of 91
latest reply

brian@ebay Will this ever be fixed?  It's been WELL over a year.  If the API isn't working GET A NEW ONE!

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 62 of 91
latest reply

The basic issue here is the FedEx label format has been changed from the original large half sheet horizontal laser/inkjet label, to the standard 4" x 6" vertical label used by thermal label printers. 

Others have just shrunk the label down until it fits vertically on the half sheet.  However, it should still be able to be printed full scale horizontally on the half sheet and used on its side, although everyone reports not being able to do this easily.

Please, will someone send me a PDF file of one of these problem labels for analysis?  You can send me a private message and I'll reply how to send it.  You can block out any addresses if you wish, just don't otherwise modify the file.

Message 63 of 91
latest reply

tried PM

can't add figure out how to add attachment.  
can't put it in dropbox without your email address
Message 64 of 91
latest reply

Here is the file info on a recent one

Message 65 of 91
latest reply

@ajw2203   Sent you a private message with an email address.

Message 66 of 91
latest reply

brian.t@ebay Will this ever be fixed?  It's been WELL over a year.  If the API isn't working GET A NEW ONE!

Hi @dtexley3, we don't have any new details to share beyond what we've already explained in the two threads here and here

Brian,
Community Team
Message 67 of 91
latest reply

Its an issue with Chrome.

Use Microsoft Edge and then you can change the orientation to landscape on the print screen.

Message 68 of 91
latest reply

Thank you!

This works!!! Saved me from having to manually tape on the label!

Message 69 of 91
latest reply

This is unbelievable! eBay just ignores our simple request and throws it on the back burner for what 1 year now??..

So far only two quick fixes, download the PDF to your HD and open with Edge browser and change to landscape mode. Or change the size of the printed area to 88-90% and that will make it small enough to print on the horizontal label but I much prefer the standard size label to cover old label. SHAME ON YOU EBAY!!

Message 70 of 91
latest reply

I'm having problems with the orientation of FedEx labels as well.  I use Google Chrome and there is absolutely no option to change the orientation of the label.  There is also no way to go back to the eBay Classic shipping labels.  So I came up with taking my peel and stick label cutting it in half and inserting the half sheet into my printer sideways.  Thus, I tricked my printer to print my label so I can use it.

Message 71 of 91
latest reply

Please, will someone send me a PDF file of one of these problem labels for analysis? You can send me a private message and I'll reply how to send it. You can block out any addresses if you wish, just don't otherwise modify the file.

Message 72 of 91
latest reply

Okay, I will explain again the VERY simple workaround that works (for me anyway).    First print the label (with the wrong orientation) onto plain paper.   Now take that paper and fold it (or cut it down) so only the label part shows.   Now place it in your printer's scanner orientated sideways (turned 90 degrees) and to the far left or right - now hit "copy" and make a copy onto your label paper and the label will print sideways on only one of the labels.  Is that clear?   Works for me and you only waste one sheet of plain paper.   No need for all the complicated reprogramming workarounds that apparently aren't working for everyone.

Message 73 of 91
latest reply

Why not just feed the label in turned 90 degrees and in the correct location?

Still if someone would send me one of these problem files, it may be a very easy fix.

Message 74 of 91
latest reply

Someone already posted this solution but here's what works for me when printing Fed Ex labels on "2 labels per page" paper.  When your print screen comes up change the # of pages to 2 and then increase the zoom to 160%.  That's all.  One other thing I noticed is that FedEx labels print on the opposite side of the page from USPS labels.  This comes into play if you're trying to print on a page where you only have one blank label left on it.  For USPS it's one label per page and 100% zoom.

Message 75 of 91
latest reply