cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fedex shipping adjustments for labels printed Mar 1 and after?

Anyone getting some HUGE underpaid revisions?  To the point where the new total shipping price is not only 33% higher than UPS's quote, but also there's no mathematical way it can be accurate?  Either Fedex raised their prices but ebay's calculator didn't quote us properly at time to print the label or something shady is going on.  I even have UPS underpaid adjustment charges side by side with Fedex in the same time period and it's like $1 to 3 difference vs $10 to $25 per shipment.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Yes I just got two underpaid revisions from fedex. one is for $1.65 and another is for $43.26. I dont know how to appeal this

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Someone else just posted about this in here.

FedEx seems to be having some sort of issues, but again, it depends entirely on making **bleep** sure your dimensions and weight is correct.

If they aren't they will bite you.  But I haven't been using them, primarily as I have no local drop off for FedEx, so I use mostly USPS and occasionally UPS.

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

i chatted with ebay about it and they said they'd look into it.  doesn't mean i'll win or anything, but i kinda need to know if Fedex now costs WAY more than UPS and just make the switch to all UPS.  unfortunately, if they are only now adjusting labels printed 3 weeks ago, then that's harder to know what is real.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

i buy only two sized boxes from Uline.  the sizes are memorized and are printed from the bottom of the box.  there shouldnt' be any variation or need to measure, but sometimes they'll get us for an inch here or there or a pound.  but for years, the weight never mattered because it was dimensional weight anyway.  so 20x20x12 at 5 pounds vs 20x20x12 at 50 pounds was quoted at the same price.  which makes sense because it's the space it takes in the truck that they are looking at.  

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I've been getting multiple adjustments as well.

EBAY customer service says to call Fedex. You can't even get someone on the phone with Fedex because you don't have the EBAY account number.

I just received 4 adjustments this morning, each for $15-20 per package, in most cases this is double.

In these 4 circumstances they don't claim the packages are heavier OR larger. Just that the price is different.

Anyone know a lawyer for a class action lawsuit?

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 05-13-56 Track and manage your shipments.pngSee attached. All of these came through this morning. No adjustments to size or weight. Only to price.
Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 05-14-01 Track and manage your shipments.pngScreenshot 2024-03-27 at 05-14-12 Track and manage your shipments.pngScreenshot 2024-03-27 at 05-13-45 Track and manage your shipments.png

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Same thing happened to us today with FedEx.  They mysteriously charged over double the original quoted price when they recalculated using "dimensional weight."  Went from about $39 to $80.  However, according to eBay itself dimensional weights are calculated accurately when creating a label so not sure where these extra charges are really coming from.

We started using Pirate Ship for UPS/USPS for this very same reason.  At least they have an appeals process. Not like eBay who pretends to "look into this" so they can get you off the phone and hope you forget about it.  Not sure why we don't have an official appeals process for any of these bogus surcharges. 

Isn't eBay supposed to have an official way to dispute charges.  Not sure how as a payment processor there's no way to dispute a charge.  Isn't eBay required to provide some type of protection for erroneous or fraudulent charges the way other payment processors do (PayPal, credit card companies, banks, etc. ) ??

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I am having the EXACT same thing happen. I have around 8 adjustments and most of them are double the original shipping price or close to it. I always go over on my dimensions and weight when I am shipping. Even if they are off a small amount, there is no way the adjustment is that much. There has to be something to do! 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Yes...same thing happened to me today. I received a very irritating message that FedEx charged me $6.71 more for a package to Illinois. Normal size box with correct dimensions and I put in a ship weight of 7 pounds because FedEx wants to round up. Then I get a message saying actual ship weight was 6.50 pounds and they charged $17.41 instead of the eBay shipping label price of $12.74 PLUS a $2.04 fuel charge. This is WRONG....eBay needs to step in for their sellers. Going forward, I suggest avoiding using FedEx until this is resolved.  Something really stinks about this.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Hey everyone, please note that due to a FedEx invoicing issue the week of March 25, 2024, some sellers were incorrectly charged for FedEx label adjustments. We apologize for the inconvenience, and eBay will refund these amounts within the next 5 business days.

Kyle,
eBay
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Happened to me as well. Over $100 in adjustments. Can ebay customer service but was not helpful at all. "Call your local Fedex office...".  Yes like they will even listen to me, since it is ebay's account #...

Ebay should call Fedex and hold them accountable. I am sure ebay gets some kickbacks from their label platform usage, so FIX IT!

Message 12 of 12
latest reply