cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fedex double charging for shipping?

We sent out a tire a few weeks ago and customer requested fedex even though he hadn't paid for fedex, so we sent it fedex at the weight and dimensions put into ebay for shipping.
The price calculated by ebay and charged to our customer and what we paid for shipping was all above board, or so we thought. (The tire was sent as it is, fedex told us a few years ago to not wrap tires but they would affix the labels directly and that was the best way to sent it through them...so that's what have done for years)

Last week we got a notice from ebay that an additional $30 (the amount paid to ship it was already $29) was taken from out account to cover the additional costs for shipping..keep in mind that the dimensions and weight that were put in the calculation for ebay were a little over the exact weight of the tire since we assumed we'd be boxing or wrapping it, the tire went to fedex under the weight and dimensions put in to ebay. What kind of  racket is this?

My customer ended up returning the tire and paid less to return it via USPS Priority through ebay than he was originally charged by ebay to have it sent to him. As a very small seller who counts on ebay and it's affiliates to run the business with integrity because that is how I run mine, I find this very shady indeed, I have seen other sellers posting on social media about this same issue too.  No response from ebay on this...but I can guarantee I will never ship via fedex ever again. $59 to send a motorcycle tire to Colorado from Utah? Never ever again.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Tires are subject to surcharges by FedEx. Irregular / special handling package surcharges are not billed upfront on eBay. FedEx bills you for them once your package is processed.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

that must be a fairly new addition because we haven't had an issue like this before and we have used FedEx for tires a lot, also if it was a thing then ebay should be upfront with the cost since customers usually choose a shipping option based on price and my customer paid the amount it charged him and I paid the additional $30 out of my own pocket, shady business practice ALL the way around.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply