cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excessive Charge for Shipping Label

I sold an item and used calculated shipping. I entered my dimensions and weight correctly. The buyer paid 6.26 for shipping. I printed the label and used it.  However, I saw today that the shipping label charge shows 163.15!!!  $125.88 was deducted from my bank account. This is a 1lb package 21x16x5. I used the shipping calculator and come up with around 6 bucks.  I contacted customer service but they weren't much help. They told me to contact USPS . Has anyone had this happen?  Any help on how I can get this researched or resolved is much appreciated

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

For the weight and dimensions that you specify, $6.26 would have been the correct price if the buyer lives in your Zone 2.

The only way that label would have cost over $100 would be if you (or an eBay gremlin) set up completely different dimensions on the label purchase page.  If you haven't mailed the package yet, then just void that label and try again, but pay close attention to the details on the label prep page.

If you have already mailed the package, don't despair.  USPS  has special equipment at their sorting centers to detect underpaid and overpaid postage based on the weight and packaging detected by the equipment; the adjustment is automatically charged or credited against the sender's account.

https://link.usps.com/2017/10/05/what-is-apv/

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/ship-smart/ebay-shipping-partners/avoid-extra-postage-costs....

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

is the issue that ebay charged you an "underpaid" amount or was this what the quoted label was and you didn't see it?  there has been fedex issues lately but it doesn't sound like you used that.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Adding to the advice offered by nobodys-perfect, @sunflowercollective .

Go to this page:

https://www.ebay.com/ship/labels/seller-hub

Find the label. Under the column Shipment Details / Cost, click on the service name Ground Advantage. A pop-up box will appear that shows you the weight and dimensions entered when you purchased the label. Then you'll know for sure the weight/dimensions when you purchased the label.

If the dimensions were inflated in error, USPS APV system should catch it, as mentioned above, and refund you the difference. Can take a few weeks.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I followed your pathway ? I get the pop up but nothing that shows the weight and dimensions  that were entered. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Adding to the advice offered by nobodys-perfect, @sunflowercollective .

Go to this page:

https://www.ebay.com/ship/labels/seller-hub

Find the label. Under the column Shipment Details / Cost, click on the service name Ground Advantage. A pop-up box will appear that shows you the weight and dimensions entered when you purchased the label. Then you'll know for sure the weight/dimensions when you purchased the label.

@sunflowercollective wrote:

I followed your pathway ? I get the pop up but nothing that shows the weight and dimensions  that were entered. 

I'm not seeing measurements there either: 

albertabrightalberta_0-1713546160124.png

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Ok sorry guys. When I verified yesterday I was looking at an eBay Standard Envelope shipment and it showed dims. Dims are also shown for UPS and FedEx. I dont have any current ground adv or priority labels to check as I buy them from a third party.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply