cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay relies on USPS as valid info

Now that a BOT determines shipping data, when an item is not labelled as shipped the seller gets a defect. Sadly if feedback was taken into consideration, it would be seen as mailed and delivered. But now more defects bring higher selling fees which Ebay loves.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Ebay relies on USPS as valid info

Nothing has changed concerning shipping metrics over the last decade. No one at eBay will look at feedback to eleviate shipping metric defects. It is not feasible.

It will always be automated by carrier tracking.

I don't understand how a seller can do online sales without carrier tracking and not expect to have issues with seller metrics.

Posting ID
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I feel ya. I have a 3-Day Handling Time on my listings, but since I historically ship same or next day, the EDDs on my Orders appear shorter. Even being proactive (extending my Handling) won't help me if USPS is slow.

With that being said, I've not experienced any delays and haven't suffered the dreaded INR just yet. Good luck.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@cashmeredelight wrote: ... when an item is not labelled as shipped the seller gets a defect. Sadly if feedback was taken into consideration, it would be seen as mailed and delivered. But now more defects bring higher selling fees which Ebay loves.

eBay DOES take buyer feedback into consideration: when a buyer leaves feedback for a non-tracked item, they are asked whether it arrived on time.  And late shipping is not factored into "Below standard" defects status anyway.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-performance-policy?id=4347#section2

Screen Shot 2024-01-24 at 3.40.28 PM.png

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 wrote: .... Even being proactive (extending my Handling) won't help me if USPS is slow....

Sure it will.  If you get a scan within your handling time, then eBay doesn't even factor-in the delivery date:

Screen Shot 2024-01-24 at 3.45.40 PM.png

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-performance-policy?id=4347#section2

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I always have tracking but sometimes the PO fails to register it. Have sold for about 25years as TRS. Don't jump to conclusion of seller not having tracking.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@cashmeredelight wrote:

I always have tracking but sometimes the PO fails to register it. Have sold for about 25years as TRS. Don't jump to conclusion of seller not having tracking.

Your post was not clear.

"when an item is not labelled as shipped the seller gets a defect"

If you use tracking and enter the tracking number into the order, the order is always marked as shipped.

Posting ID
Message 7 of 7
latest reply