cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay cannot verify the delivery address when the item is delivered.

Hi,

I have this problem. I sold an item on eBay and shipped it to the buyer. According to the tracking number, the item was successfully delivered. A few days ago, the buyer opened a case for an unrecognized payment. Since the item was delivered, I decided to provide proof of delivery. However, I lost the case. The tracking number shows that the package was picked up by the buyer at the post office, so eBay cannot verify that the package was delivered to the buyer's address. What should I do?

Thank you very much for your help. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Ebay cannot verify the delivery address when the item is delivered.

This was a payment dispute not a eBay claim correct? When you said that you provided proof, does that mean that you entered the tracking  number into the dispute?   EBay is supposed to cover not recognized disputes if tracking shows as delivered. You should contact customer service. If it were me, I would probably contact them through eBay for business on Facebook. 

When a buyer opens a payment dispute because they didn't receive the item or they don't recognize the transaction, sellers will be asked to provide:

• Evidence of successful delivery to the address provided by the buyer at checkout, or
  • Proof that the buyer collected the item

If eBay determines that the item was successfully delivered or picked up:

• We will not seek reimbursement from the seller for the disputed amount, even if the payment institution decides that the buyer is owed a refund; and
  • We will waive or refund the seller's dispute fee

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/payment-dispute-seller-protections?id=5293&st=3&...

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Yes, it was a payment dispute. I uploaded the tracking number, which shows that the package was delivered. I also contacted support to explain why I lost the dispute. I received a response stating that eBay failed to verify the address. The tracking number shows that the buyer picked up the package at the post office. Could this be the issue?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

In my experience eBay does cover you for this type of payment dispute but you have to first "lose" the dispute and then appeal it by contacting customer service. Just give them the case number, explain that you uploaded tracking showing proof of delivery before the case closed, and that you'd like to appeal the decision because you're covered by the seller protection policy. Also make sure you ask that they waive the dispute resolution fee. This has always worked for me, at least.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply