cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Standard Envelope problem

Has anyone had problems with Ebay Standard Envelopes getting lost in the mail or showing they were delivered but the buyer claims they never received it? I had one that showed it went to Pittsburgh and the tracking ended there and the buyer said he never received it. So, I had to give the buyer a refund. The next time I sent a Ebay Standard Envelope, the tracking showed the item was delivered in mailbox but the buyer claims he never got it. To me, that is not my problem - it is the Post Office's problem but I bet Ebay will make me refund this sale also. This is not fair at all. I think I should quit using this shipping method all together.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I've had to file a couple claims for "lost" ESE shipments and both were paid out quickly, you have to have a paypal account, that's the only way you can receive payment

:https://www.pip-claim.com/PIPClaim/eBayIntClaim/CreateeBayClaim

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

If the eBay tracking number shows that it was delivered to the address stated on the order, you should be covered.

If the buyer opens up an "Item Not Received" case, just enter the eBay tracking number on the proper line on the case form for the "INR" case, and you should be okay.

Can't help you with the one that went to Pittsburgh, though.  Bummer on that.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I've had to file a couple claims for "lost" ESE shipments and both were paid out quickly, you have to have a paypal account, that's the only way you can receive payment

:https://www.pip-claim.com/PIPClaim/eBayIntClaim/CreateeBayClaim

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Great solution! I filed a claim for a lost package and I received a payment in my PayPal account about 5 days later. Thank you very much for this solution and I will probably have to use it again in the future.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I had been purchasing the semi rigid brown eBay envelopes as they were designed specifically for the standard envelope program. I got hassled by post office workers saying they are non machinable and this not able to be run through sorter. I had a batch of approximately 60 orders in a ten day period that none were scanned and no tracking ever updated. That gives the seller zero protection and destroyed my seller metrics. Just by browsing the foru,s it is painfully clear many are experiencing this problem and the program needs to be fixed 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Most sellers do not use the envelopes because they do not work with eBay Standard Envelope.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I have been using Ebay Stardard Envelope recently for trading cards.  No problems thus far with deliveries but I do see a different issue.  I was just notified that I am about to lose my Power Seller status because none of the cards have been scanned when picked up.  All were scanned the next day at the sorting center and delivered in a timely fashion.  I left a note for my carrier that these must be scanned when picked up. She responded that they don't have ability to scan these and they are first scanned at the sorting center.  Ebay seems to be dinging sellers because USPS can't scan these when picked up.  Very unfair to sellers and something that we can not remedy.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

If it never shows that it was scanned at some point you can't file a claim. I just had a few that were mailed out and never showed up as being scanned. If they don't make it and a buyer files a claim, I have to refund the money and then can't file a claim.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Yup! So the Ebay standard envelope never gets scanned at the post office and therefore we sellers never have proof that the card was delivered. Stealing cheating scammers are drooling at this "glitch" and are taking advantage of under $20 cards and reporting them as "not arrived" even though they have the card in hand. It's very frustrating.   

Here's a list of the thieves who've done it to me:

automan605, chubs933, compradora332012, ddingus1947, graferlin, karp420, m24inc, silverse55, the_incredible_mate, totom_2299

Do Not Sell to these people!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

The Ebay standard envelope is nothing but trouble.Now i am having my payouts held because some have never received their items.Whatever you do switch to something else before they get you kicked off of Ebay

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply