cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Standard Envelope for Trading Cards No Longer Appearing

The ebay Standard Envelope for Teading Cards option is no longer appearing under my Delivery Options.

This just started last night 4/26/2021

I have been using this Delivery option for the past 2 weeks now with no problems.

Any other trading card sellers experiencing this??

Thank you!

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: Ebay Standard Envelope for Trading Cards No Longer Appearing

We called eBay customer service about this just now. We were told that yesterday's rollout of item specifics/categories/grading of cards created a bug in the system, which they are aware of and working on and we would receive a call back within 24 hours. 

As of now, I have several single trading card orders sitting waiting to ship that were sold yesterday at .99 cents per item with .99 cent shipping using eBay standard envelope. Went to ship this morning and the eBay ship your order page and the option to select eBay standard envelope is greyed out. The next best option is USPS First Class at $3.06! 

Message 31 of 38
latest reply

@foxvalleyresale wrote:

It is not working for me either, I have multiple orders that I need to get out.  On a side note, do you guys add non-machinable to your envelopes at the post office?  My PO makes me add a .20 non-machinable charge because the envelope is rigid.  I wish this was included in the standard shipping cost through ebay.

Cory

One of the requirements for the eBay standard envelope is that it's not rigid.  A fellow mentor did some testing and consulted their local post office.  It needs to bend so that it can wrap around a standard coffee mug.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 32 of 38
latest reply

I've never once seen this as an option and I sell cards, coins, Stamps, and other very small items that this feature would be awesome for however the fact that it has not ever even once appeared as an option  for me is rather infuriating,  Not to mention it now makes a lot more sense as to why I have not been able to sell even one single card, coin, stamp or any of the other minor very small lightweight items that I'm that I currently am trying to sell that would  Meet the criteria needed for the shipping option chipping option if anybody has any clues as to why I seem to be incapable of using this option no matter what it is I'm selling that would be greatly appreciated thank you guys!

Message 33 of 38
latest reply

@bradleyhalligan 

If you are using the app or quick listing tool you may not see the eBay standard envelope option. 

List on a desktop computer and select switch to business tool on the upper right of your draft.  You can not make this change on an active listing, you would need to end, revise and relist.  

Anyone can use the business tool it doesn't mean that you have a business account.  

It also only an option for cards that are $20 or under.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 34 of 38
latest reply

I'm having the same problem

Message 35 of 38
latest reply

That's ridiculous. I can't transfer pictures from my phone to the computer for eBay listings which is why I use the app. So is eBay doing this on purpose?

Message 36 of 38
latest reply

I'm having the same issues too. It's auto-choosing First Class for Trading Cards/Postcards and Standard Envelope is not a choice at all.  Then there is also a message "Please provide shipping for your item", but standard isn't a choice. I noticed shipping selection on the app glitching the last couple of days.  It is working fine on the computer, but it's a pain to have to use both the app and the computer.  

Message 37 of 38
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 38 of 38
latest reply