cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay International Shipping Negative Feedback

Buyer in Italy received my package of 2 prints sent with combined shipping using just one label, via E-bay Int Shipping. They paid cash on delivery and are happy with the items. The next day they received a further package with an Anime poster, not sent by me. I don't sell items like that. The second package had an identical shipping label from E-bay (an international shipping label, not local shipping sent by me) and the buyer had to pay cash on delivery again for a little over $50. Understandably, they are not happy and considered this a scam, even though I don't benefit from this in any way as my transaction with them was complete the day before.

E-bay Int Sh says the seller is protected from negative feedback when there are item handling issues down to E-bay. The buyer posted negative feedback.

E-bay will not remove the feedback because, they say, "it doesn’t violate any of our feedback policies".

I don't understand how I am responsible for E-bay printing a second label and sticking it on someone else's package. Surely that is an E-bay item handling issue.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

If I am not mistaken it takes about a week for the EIS process to complete and automatically remove the negative feedback.

Others can provide more info.

Posting ID
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Well  !  WoW!     This why I never trusted  ebay with international  packages  despite  any protections that  program   Offer's  ,Be GSP  now EIS .  Sorry to see  the buyer jumped  to the feedback  .   do a request  a call back and ask for a supervisor .

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@vintagephotoprints 

Since you are NOT the seller, you should NOT have received negative feedback.

Go to  https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness and try to get that removed.

Don't bother with "Help & Contact," as they often are not qualified to provide accurate information.

Good luck.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I persisted with 'E-bay Help' via email (the only channel available yesterday) emphasizing that this was an E-bay shipping error and received a 'non template' response today:

"I want you to know that I have reviewed the details thoroughly and I was able to determine that you used eBay international shipping and buyer's concern is about the shipping cost. With this, it qualifies for removal, and it will be removed from your account within the next 24 to 48 hours. Any detailed seller ratings associated with this feedback will be removed and note that these ratings aren't included in your seller performance metrics. You don't need to do anything else."

Success !!

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@vintagephotoprints 

Good work

Posting ID
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Confused.  I thought the issue was that the buyer evidently received an additional package that was not something he bought from you.  How could the buyer leave negative FB for you regarding an item that you did not sell to him? 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thank you ! Exactly the point and what a lot of work to get E-bay to see that

Message 8 of 8
latest reply