cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay EDD shown to buyers INR question

Hello, if someone buys one of my cheap items Nov. 24 and I ship it USPS 1st Class with a handling time of 10 days, ebay shows an estimated delivery on or before Dec. 10.  If I ship it Nov. 27, eb will update the EDD shown to buyer once USPS scans the item.  The buyer will see and updated EDD of Dec. 3 or something similar in their purchase history.  My question is does eb go by the original EDD of Dec. 10 shown to buyer when allowing a INR claim to be filed by the buyer or does eb go by udated EDD shown to buyer of Dec. 3?  Thanks for any insight!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

It is my understanding that eBay recalculates the EDD when you ship. So the 10 days handling time doesn't do you a bit of good.

That is what I was afraid of.  If INR claims get to be a problem for me, I may start going to the post office to buy labels there. instead of buying from eb shipping.  Then e-mail buyers tracking info and manually upload tracking in my eb account after delivery and/or toward the end of my 10 day handling time.  That might slow eb down from updating my EDD's to unreasonable time frames.  May have to go to 15 day handling times during holiday rush.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Also, I wonder how many sellers are aware that eb does this?  I was naive to think there would be few if any INR cases with my 10 day handling times.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Does the EDD start after you print the label or after it's scanned by the p.o.? I was going to print the label today (sat.) and ship mon. Or should I wait to print the label on mon.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply