cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBay shipping time estimate needs to change.

The mails are crazy slow right now and eBay is still showing shipping/delivery dates that are not realistic anymore.  One 1st class letter with an ACEA took over two weeks to get to me.  Should have been three to four days.  I'll bet sellers are refunding left and right.  Three of my sellers have offered, and one did.  The item came the next day so I repurchased.  This is a money loser for the sellers and also makes them appear slow to ship when it the fault of USPS.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: EBay shipping time estimate needs to change.

Never gonna happen and it's been this way for years!

I state 5 business days 'handling' BEFORE I even ship and all my listings will show going across the country in 4-7 days. NOT possible. 

Per 'reps' on FB- it's the 'algo' that shows the false estimated delivery dates.

Good thing is; I have NOT refunded 1 CUSTOMER for these 'slower deliveries and I ship out, on average, 2000 per year (and have for 10+ years)...so overall??

Just doesn't matter. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

There is nothing we can do.As long as i ship when or before my advertised time in my listing i feel i done my job. I try to follow tracking as best i can and sometimes the widget is misent by the PO. I try to inform my customer and apologize. I have not had that many as yet.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Out of curiosity, I checked the tracking on all of the things I mailed out in October and none of them took any longer than usual? 2-4 days was the average, with one thing that took 5.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

A buyer in Texas made a purchase from me (in Minnesota) on October 17.

I shipped USPS Priority the next day -- and it wasn't delivered until October 25 -- 7 days later.

Something VERY wrong for sure with USPS!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

So I ship USPS and had no buyer complain about why it is slow shipping. Read my feedbacks.

I use the post office and mail everything from my post office. I don't use any eBay shipping labels.

With the holidays and snow days coming up it should be interesting.

Please don't blame the USPS. They do a great job. My items get to a buyer usually in 3 or 4 days in the USA.

And I have no idea who or what  is "ACEA".

Message 6 of 6
latest reply