cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged more for shipping than paid

I sold an item with calculated shipping. It’s going international and it’s charging me more than what the buyer paid. With eBay international standard shipping. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

You can't ask for more shipping charges than you had on your listing. I hope you're not much out-of-pocket. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Are you sure that you're not suppose to ship to the Ebay hub and they then ship it out?

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Oh it looks like I chose usps first class mail international large envelope. Still using calculated shipping and it’s charging more. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I chose usps first class international large envelope but when I go to purchase a label it gives me eBay international shipping instead with the higher price.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Do you mean  “eBay International Shipping”  or “eBay International Standard Delivery”?  You should be shipping domestically to an Illinois forwarding hub if you’re using eBay International Shipping.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@grymauch wrote:

I chose usps first class international large envelope but when I go to purchase a label it gives me eBay international shipping instead with the higher price.

I don't think you can print a First Class Large Envelope via eBay for either domestic or International. If you still want to ship that way buy postage at the Post Office, USPS Click-n-ship or maybe PirateShip.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@grymauch wrote:

Oh it looks like I chose usps first class mail international large envelope. Still using calculated shipping and it’s charging more. 

Hi @grymauch . USPS does not permit sending merchandise through First Class Mail International - to be honest, not sure why eBay even allows sellers to offer it since that ruling went into effect a few years back.

You should change your listings to charge for First Class Package International.

For this sale, either take the loss on shipping, or cancel as out of stock and take an account defect. I recommend the former if the amount isn't too hefty.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Oh I see. It gave me the option listing but there’s no way to use it after 😐

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Thanks! Yeah I guess that’s what happened. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply