cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge for Ebay eIS program

Good morning!  I do NO international shipping but am happy to serve the eIS program.   Sold 15 oz item (boxed) to a seller and the shipping label shows eIS to Glendale Heights, IL .  Okay.  

I put under $10.00 postage, priority USPS, but eBay charged buyer $41.19.  Do I refund the buyer or will eBay capture this amount for international postage?    So confused.  I do not know where this package is headed.

Can you help me? 

Thanks for reading.

Karen

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

"...but eBay charged buyer $41.19...:"

that is not your concern....that is what your buyer is paying to EiS for the shipping/handling/import tax, etc.......

your obligation is to get it to the hub.....

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

"...but eBay charged buyer $41.19...:"

that is not your concern....that is what your buyer is paying to EiS for the shipping/handling/import tax, etc.......

your obligation is to get it to the hub.....

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

oh, thank you! 

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

oops, responded too soon.  If ebay wants 41.19 for their part of the shipping costs, how do I get my $10.00 for domestic shipping?

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

When you get paid, the buyer has paid the full amount to Ebay.  Ebay will then  send your cut after they deduct their fees. Ebay keeps the international shipping portion.  The seller will NEVER see this money.  When you print the label, if you use ebay shipping, the label will be paid from however you set up the shipping.  The label will say the buyer's name and some code # and the address will be somewhere in Glendale, Ill.  SELLERS WILL NEVER SEE THE BUYER'S ADDRESS.

Whatever ebay charged the buyers is not the seller's problem.  They saw the total cost BEFORE they bought.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Out of curiosity, was the item perfume?  If yes, I believe you can't ship perfume under this program. Someone correct me if I am wrong.  

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

no perfume.  MCM wood figurine.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@wessleysbest wrote:

oops, responded too soon.  If ebay wants 41.19 for their part of the shipping costs, how do I get my $10.00 for domestic shipping?

ebay WON'T want $41.19 from you; they ALREADY got that amount from the buyer; That is the Buyers Cost to ship the item to Norway or Canada or Japan or WHEREVER they live and has NOTHING to do with you. You were either paid your normal 'US' shipping fee to ship it to Illinois (or you weren't if you offered Free Shipping); but either way...

NO ONE is coming back to you for that shipping money. 

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Ok. Oh for the program, they want a packing slip inside of the box.  You, the seller are responsible to get the item delivered to Illinois.  Once that is done, the rest is Ebay's responsibility.   If the buyer asks for a tracking #, the package would get a new one once it's ready to depart the Illinois facility. Eventually they will see it in MY PURCHASES.    

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

What eIS buyers pay goes towards your order total which then goes towards your 1099K.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

IRS will be coming back to you. What your eIS buyers pay eBay goes towards your order total which then goes towards your 1099K.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@adashel-7 wrote:

IRS will be coming back to you. What your eIS buyers pay eBay goes towards your order total which then goes towards your 1099K.

@adashel-7 

Incorrect. The only part that is reportable to the IRS at years end is the item cost + domestic shipping as that is what a seller gets from the sale. The seller can then deduct the eBay fees & the domestic shipping label cost + cost of item to get the taxable amount if there is any from that amount.

The international shipping fee is eBay's responsibility and since sellers never receive that it is not included in a seller's gross total at the end of the year.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@wessleysbest 

The shipping total the buyer sees at checkout is the cost for both the domestic and international shipping. You will receive the $10.00 to ship to the EIS hub in Glendale Il. The balance of that amount $31.19 is the international shipping cost that eBays collects from the buyer.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

"The only part that is reportable to the IRS at years end is the item cost + domestic shipping as that is what a seller gets from the sale."

Well that's how it should be. That's if you're selling domestically. However, if you sell internationally directly, that international shipping fee would be reported as well.

"The seller can then deduct the eBay fees & the domestic shipping label cost + cost of item to get the taxable amount if there is any from that amount."

Correct. And in most cases there will be loses. Especially if you're just a casual seller and not a business. And we don't owe on loses.

"The international shipping fee is eBay's responsibility."

Again, that's how it should be if you're selling internationally using eIS (eBay International Shipping). However, selling international directly would be different as mentioned earlier.

"(eIS fees) are not included in a seller's gross total at the end of the year."

Once again, that's how it should be. It's only logical. However, according to eBay, the order total shown in your Seller Hub under the Orders tab is the sum of all paid orders, including shipping, taxes, and fees which in turn gets reflected onto your 1099K. That said, if you do the math, you'll notice that any eIS program fees that eBay collected from buyer ARE indeed included. I've done the math and implore you to do the same. Now we just wait to see if drops from the 1099K at years end or if it gets included. I sure hope not but according to eBay phone agents, those eIS fees are there to stay.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@adashel-7 wrote:

"The only part that is reportable to the IRS at years end is the item cost + domestic shipping as that is what a seller gets from the sale."

Well that's how it should be. That's if you're selling domestically. However, if you sell internationally directly, that international shipping fee would be reported as well.

"The seller can then deduct the eBay fees & the domestic shipping label cost + cost of item to get the taxable amount if there is any from that amount."

Correct. And in most cases there will be loses. Especially if you're just a casual seller and not a business. And we don't owe on loses.

"The international shipping fee is eBay's responsibility."

Again, that's how it should be if you're selling internationally using eIS (eBay International Shipping). However, selling international directly would be different as mentioned earlier.

"(eIS fees) are not included in a seller's gross total at the end of the year."

Once again, that's how it should be. It's only logical. However, according to eBay, the order total shown in your Seller Hub under the Orders tab is the sum of all paid orders, including shipping, taxes, and fees which in turn gets reflected onto your 1099K. That said, if you do the math, you'll notice that any eIS program fees that eBay collected from buyer ARE indeed included. I've done the math and implore you to do the same. Now we just wait to see if drops from the 1099K at years end or if it gets included. I sure hope not but according to eBay phone agents, those eIS fees are there to stay.

@adashel-7 

The OP did not ask what was reported to the IRS, they asked why the EIS shipping charge was so high.

You are the one who interjected the IRS nonsense into the thread. My response to you was correct that if using EIS the only reportable income is cost of item and domestic shipping.

If shipping directly international shipping would also be included but that is not what this post was about until you brought it up. 

It would help the OP if you stay on point and don't wander off into areas not asked about.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply