cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing shipping label size

Good morning,

I have purchased a thermal printer that requires changing the label size to a 4x6 format. I was previously using an inkjet printer using the default 8.5 x 11 settings. Prior to the the recent change to the print your label page there was a link indicating "change" near the address where you could change the label size and orientation. I can't find this option now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

bluesky47

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey @bluesky47. On the page where you print the shipping label, follow these prompts. Ignore step 2, the part about printing a receipt - I'm too lazy to do a new screenshot. These instructions will get you to the same page where you can adjust the size.

labelreceipt.png

If you use bulk shipping instead of single label printing, you can follow these instructions on the page where you review the labels before paying.

bulkprint-changesize.png

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Hey @bluesky47. On the page where you print the shipping label, follow these prompts. Ignore step 2, the part about printing a receipt - I'm too lazy to do a new screenshot. These instructions will get you to the same page where you can adjust the size.

labelreceipt.png

If you use bulk shipping instead of single label printing, you can follow these instructions on the page where you review the labels before paying.

bulkprint-changesize.png

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thanks so much. I couldn't seem to find the "change" button. My view of the purchase and print label page seems to have changed since updating my Mac OS. 

Have a great day.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

OK, in order to get to this page in late September 2022, you have to click the "Show Additional Details" button on the label purchase screen to get to the screen referenced above. 

As is typical in today's world, the purchase label screen was dumbed down by default and with no note anywhere to guide you to find these additional options. 

Of course it is even more silly that eBay can't provide an option to change the label size after the fact, instead you have to void and repurchase a label just to get back to that option. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

YOU are a life saver, wastingtime101!  NOWHERE else could I find this answer with screens that looked like mine.  I think all the other answers I found referred to older versions of ebay.  I was frustrated beyond belief when I happened upon your screenshots that actually look familiar to me. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Thankyou so much

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

when I go to my ebay or to the print label area, there is no such screen like this, are you using a mac? because windows doesnt look like this whatsoever

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

You're likely on the simplified label page @ninuna_92 so you have to make sure your label options are expanded:

shippingoptions.png

When your shipping options are expanded:

printformat.png

If you're using bulk labels:

bulkprint-changesize.png

GLORIOUS!

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

A simpler option, that doesn't require too much editing, is just to grab whatever URL you have for the PDF Labels, and replace the URL query on the top URL

pageFormat=US_LETTER_1x2

to

pageFormat=US_4x6  

ex .

https://www.ebay.com/gslblui/label-service/labels/85de83c5-e59a-46e0-8502-6e63512bc33cc/download?pag...US_LETTER_1x2&isBulk=true

to

https://www.ebay.com/gslblui/label-service/labels/85de83c5-e59a-46e0-8502-6e63512bc33cc/download?pag...US_4x6&isBulk=true

and this can be done after selecting the shipping label and you can switch back and fwd between different sizes

Message 9 of 9
latest reply