cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled Auction Sale

Good morning everyone.

I recently placed a winning bid on an auction item. I paid for the item and received a confirmation email that the item was going to be shipped.

While I was asleep, the seller emailed me stating he was having issues with the printing label.

I then get an email from the seller stating he was cancelling the sale. This happened within just a few hours.

I immediately emailed the seller stating that he shouldn't have any issues with my address because I've been with Ebay for over eight years and had no issues receiving items through the mail. I use USPS.

I then get an email stating I will be receiving a full refund in the next 3-5 days.

I was like...what???

This happened within a few hours!! I would think I should have been given at least 24 hours to sort this out.

The seller informed me that he has sold the item to another buyer!!

Now I am without funds for the next 3-5 days.

So I called up customer service to try and get to the bottom of this. Ebay's customer service was really nice and informed me that I will be receiving a full refund but I explained I WANTED THE ITEM!

Now I have to wait to see what Ebay intends to do.

What would you have done?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Cancelled Auction Sale

I would take the refund since the seller does not want to sell it to you.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Cancelled Auction Sale

There is no way eBay can force the seller to ship the item to you

Buy item from another seller after you receive your refund

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Cancelled Auction Sale

@kycleveland671 That's very unfortunate and not the correct thing to do by that seller. Unfortunately eBay cannot force a seller to complete an order. In the meantime you are allowed to leave appropriate feedback for the seller canceling and selling to another person. Go to your purchase history and at the top underneath Orders click on show hidden items. Just make sure your feedback follows the protocols so that the seller doesn't get it removed. No name calling and don't write beware of seller or use all caps. Just state the truth and be done with this. Go find this item with another honest seller. Best of luck to you....

Message 4 of 4
latest reply