cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Add Tracking

Buyer purchased two items, both with Free Ship.   I have packed both items in one polybubblemailer ready to ship and purchased postage (combined weight) for one item.  Now I'm trying to add the tracking information to the second item but the system will not allow it.  I keep getting a message that says the tracking is already in use for another item. 

I always do this with multiple purchases from a single buyer.  What is going on? 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Can't Add Tracking

Since I couldn't wait for someone to answer, I called eBay Customer Service (which, as everyone knows, is a nuisance). 

Apparently the problem is that we now have to click on the checkmark by both of the items before we print postage to combine. 

So now I've gotta go void postage and re-print.  This annoys me excessively.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Can't Add Tracking

Since I couldn't wait for someone to answer, I called eBay Customer Service (which, as everyone knows, is a nuisance). 

Apparently the problem is that we now have to click on the checkmark by both of the items before we print postage to combine. 

So now I've gotta go void postage and re-print.  This annoys me excessively.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Can't Add Tracking

.....and just to update this:  even if you void the postage on the first package, you can no longer combine the two shipments when you try to re-print the postage.  I had to re-pack into two mailers and buy postage for each,.

Thanks, eBay, for this lovely change that ended up costing me money.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Can't Add Tracking

Selecting all transactions before preparing a "combined" mailing label is standard procedure.  Nothing new there.

In your case, however, I would not bother to void the label.  I would simply enter the tracking number in Paypal, select "Other" rather than USPS, and add a note: WOG and the related item numbers.  A single package with tracking number and a "with other goods" cross-reference in case there's a question.

~~C~~

My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Can't Add Tracking

Thanks.....it was actually new to me.  As recently as last week, I was combining just the way I had always done and without any problems.

I tried something similar to your suggestion (actually I tried a number of different things) but no joy.  Ultimately it seemed the only choice was the void and buy postage individually. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Can't Add Tracking

THIS HAS ALSO HAPPENED TO ME, I combined two items and the tracking # I could not get to go on the 2nd item....
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Can't Add Tracking

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply