cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Someone Explain This Tracking To Me?

I've never seen anything like it before. It said on the listing that the seller was in the U.S., one state over from me in fact, and it is a 3 oz strap for a CPAP machine, free shipping. Smart package between USPS and UPS?

Screen Shot 2024-04-13 at 8.27.34 PM.png

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Your item is coming from China. Shipping Partner is YunExpress.

1000011580.jpg

1000011581.jpg

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

@gloryglorygifts wrote: .... Smart package between USPS and UPS?

Yes, that's what it looks like to me.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

It's very confusing. It says that the label was created in Springfield Gardens, New York. The listing said the item was in Dayton, NJ. Could be a dropship, but what a cheap item to do that and a smart package. Oh well. Thanks! 

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

That is slowpost or hybrid shipping.  First one shipper gets the package and takes it part of the way, then it's handed over to the next shipper who delivers it.  It's very similar to a lateral in football.   It gets there but uses more of the clock.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Your item is coming from China. Shipping Partner is YunExpress.

1000011580.jpg

1000011581.jpg

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

@robbie31415 

The OP's package started with UPS and ends with USPS. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

I Think you are just making that up.

I recommend you add the tracking from their picture into USPS website to see my information is correct.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Around two years ago, eBay used to partner ship with FedEx.. Avoid this, even though it's cheaper. It takes longer to get to your customer, which is never a positive experience for them.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

This Isn't FedEx Smart Post or UPS SurePost both are services that hand over to the USPS for last mile delivery.

It's worse as it's China to USPS.

https://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/9214490357610101687680

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

@gloryglorygifts wrote:

It's very confusing.

It says that the label was created in Springfield Gardens, New York.

The listing said the item was in Dayton, NJ.

Could be a dropship, but what a cheap item to do that and a smart package. 

What is the last estimated delivery date @gloryglorygifts when you paid, thinking it'd ship from one state over?

Wondering if that date could have hinted, that it was actually shipping from mainland China.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

@dare-2046 wrote:

@gloryglorygifts wrote:

Could be a dropship, but what a cheap item to do that and a smart package. 

What is the last estimated delivery date @gloryglorygifts when you paid, thinking it'd ship from Dayton NJ?

Wondering if that date could have hinted that it was actually shipping from mainland China.

If purchased today the listing shows est delivery April 20-25 to Dayton NJ with USPS Media Mail and the seller's ID makes it clear this is an import. The seller has a lot of neg FB saying items ship from China despite being advertised as shipping from the US.

Those dirt cheap free ship items frequently come from China @gloryglorygifts .

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Ugh..... another seller pretending to be in the U.S. I should have waited to see what the additional tracking said. I HATE the pretenders on here. 

Thank you!! 

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

@gloryglorygifts wrote:

I HATE the pretenders on here.

I do, too. They cause problems that give honest sellers a bad name. Hopefully the tips about checking shipping, delivery estimates, too-low prices, and feedback can help you avoid sellers like that next time. Hope the item works out for you, at least.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

The 13th to the 16th I believe, which would have made sense coming from NJ to NYC after a purchase on the 9th.. I didn't look at the  profile location, I looked at the item one. 

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

@gloryglorygifts wrote:

The 13th to the 16th I believe, which would have made sense coming from NJ to NYC after a purchase on the 9th.. I didn't look at the  profile location, I looked at the item one. 

It looks like it'll be another 12 days before you get it, well past the 16th.

kako_5344_0-1713124132533.jpeg

So if you'd like, on this or inadvertently next time it happens, you can start a Doesn't match the listing return request.

The seller may simply refund rather than pay to return to China, but at least you'll start to stop them doing this to everyone.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply