cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'COURTESY REFUND' When Dropseller Never Shipped

I order quite a few supplies on eBay and have noticed twice this month the bulk seller happened to be overseas locations but the product in the USA. 

In each instance seller never provided a working tracking #, just a TBA########## number that didn't work even on the AMZL (Amazon Logistics) site. In each instance the seller would just claim already delivered a certain date and time via ebay message and explain Amazon uses private delivery carriers so online tracking sometimes doesn't work. In once instance the seller updated the tracking# after a case was openened but the tracking # showed a delivery in a different city state, before I even ordered.

In each instance I had to escalate the case to ebay since nothing still received, and a few days later a message would come from eBay in saying:

'We have decided to issue you a courtesy refund ... We are sorry you had an issue with your purchase."

Is that normal procedure for Ebay's handling of non-shipped/non-delivered?  Just wondering how is that a courtesy..

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Courtesy refunds come from eBay not the seller. And No it’s not normal. eBay rarely issues courtesy refunds these days and on INRs they usually only issue a courtesy refund when the seller has proof of delivery & it’s the first maybe second time the buyer has filed an INR. When the seller has proof of delivery the buyer rarely gets a refund from eBay. They lose the case. When the seller does NOT have proof of the delivery then the refund is supposed to come from them. eBay rarely protects the seller in this situation because they don’t qualify for seller protections 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Both purchases in this instance were covered by eBay BUCKS. 

I still don't see how refunding eBay BUCKS are a courtesy refund though. Indeed at least in my two instances, the sellers did not have any proof of shipping and one even went as far as changing the 'UNKNOWN' carrier and TBA########## number to USPS and a valid 9200XXXXXXXXXXX number but one that showed delivery before I ordered and to a different city and state.

Hope it remains rarely used, because this type of behavior is how bulk dropsellers continue to sell items not only that they dont have in their inventory, but also items they don't ever ship. It's an awful game of temporary funds holding they're playing until INR case is filed and decided on each.

Thanks again Jen.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I'm sorry, what are ebay BUCKS?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Ebay BUCKS are dollars (and cents) earned on most purchases and some promotional sales over the past 3 months' period. 

See: http://pages.ebay.com/rewards/terms.html

Message 5 of 5
latest reply