cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHANGING GUARANTEED DELIVERY DATES

What can be done to "report late delivery" when either eBay or the seller has changed the guaranteed delivery date? I suspected this was happening on other purchases so I've started taking a snapshot right when I buy a guaranteed item.  So, yesterday the shoes I purchased did not show up on time. This morning, my purchase has a new guaranteed delivery date. If someone keeps moving the date, it can always be guaranteed!!!! Yes, I have photos to prove showing two different guaranteed delivery dates. On some items, the guaranteed delivery date is the deciding factor to me when I need something fast, such as needing shoes before I leave on a trip. So much for the word guaranteed. Anyone have this happening to you? How in the world can you make actual contact with ebay these days? Anyone have any pointers for solving this issue? 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

that is a real good question,some of the buyers expect the sellers to know how to get the deal or whatever it is when you do not get the item on time.This is talked about frequently.As far as I am concerned a CSR should be able to handle this but they just love to tell you that they have no tools to work with.

taking care of a late guarantee on shipping is a very low priority with ebay,its so low they cant get it done

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I've noticed my guaranteed delivery date change too, and I don't buy many items with the guaranteed date.

You can contact customer service by using the help and contact link at bottom of page. You can choose to have them call you or chat with automated assistant. If you choose chat with automated assistant you'll be given an option during the chat to speak with an agent.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

It is really very simple to get the deal on a late guaranteed delivery. First you find the order on your summary page, then click on "more actions", if the item has the delivery guarantee date there will be an option on the drop down menu to "Report late delivery", then click on that option.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I just talked to eBay Customer Service. I had an item with a 10/24/2020 Guaranteed delivery date. I tried to claim the $5.00 late delivery credit on 10/25/2020. It was DENIED! Today, 10/26/2020, the Guaranteed Delivery Date is 10/26/2020. But it wasn't delivered. They claim the change was made by USPS, not eBay. Now, they filed an Item Not Received claim without my authorization. EBay is committing FRAUD! Class Action Lawsuit is in order!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I hate to break the news to you but do your realize we are in a Pandemic Crisis and there are massive online orders going to EVERY carrier and they are ALL overloaded and there is absolutely well known SLOW delivery service now. ESPECIALLY with USPS who are the worst right now. It’s not going to get any better either becuase we are approaching Christmas and Massive COVID cases. Get used to it. The delayed deliveries that is.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@tyme_machines wrote:

I just talked to eBay Customer Service.

I had an item with a 10/24/2020 Guaranteed delivery date. I tried to claim the $5.00 late delivery credit on 10/25/2020. It was DENIED!

Today, 10/26/2020, the Guaranteed Delivery Date is 10/26/2020. But it wasn't delivered. They claim the change was made by USPS, not eBay.

Now, they filed an Item Not Received claim without my authorization.

In order to avoid paying, eBay uses the AoE time zone for eGD: This means it was still 10/24/2020 on the Marshall Islands when you filed you claim on 10/25/2020 at your local time -- THAT'S WHY IT WAS DENIED!

Then, when you complained about it today, eBay pretended that you asked for help to open an Item Not Received case. ORDINARILY, YOU CANNOT OPEN AN INR ON THE SAME DAY AS THE LAST EDD! But they eBay opened your INR on 10/26/2020 even as the last estimated delivery date is also 10/26/2020, which goes against eBay policy. By doing this, you've lost the eGD, and now you item gets 3 additional business days to arrive.

eBay +2, @tyme_machines -3.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply