cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer gave me wrong address to ship to, now item is gone....

Hi. I sold an item to a buyer who have me his wrong address or he had moved and never changed this ebay address. I shipped the item to this address and item was delivered. I called UPS and got proof of delivery, they said nothing they can do as they shipped to the correct address given. I guess the people now at this address accepted the package without plans to return it. The buyer says I owe him because it was stolen. What are the steps I need to take? 

thanks for any feedback.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Buyer gave me wrong address to ship to, now item is gone....

Cease all communication. If the buyer starts a false claim of Item not received, they will lose. eBay will not refund as tracking shows delivered.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

If they filed a item not received you have the tracking to enter.

You will win.

It is not your or eBays responsibility to check their address. It is theirs.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Did the " buyer" open a case or just message you.  It is the BUYERS responsibility to provide the correct address.  If they open a case just input the tracking number that shows delivered.

E bay should close the case in your favor......

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

What steps? Nothing. UPS tracking shows it was delivered. You did what you were supposed to do. You shipped it to the address that you were given.

Case closed.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

While you may win an INR case on eBay, remember that the buyer can also file disputes with PayPal and/or his credit card company. Be prepared for those possibilities. 

As long as the seller has the tracking confirmation of the delivery, he will win the case with Paypal as well. Same is the case with most credit cards as well.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@cgweber - Breathe deeply and know that you will be fine here. You are covered with that delivered scan. You did your part in shipping to the address on file, the rest falls on your buyer. Do not continue to message the buyer, that will only lead downhill. Keep all records and documentation for six months. Think positively and you'll get through this inconvenience. Best of luck to you....

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

If you having the proofs to show that the item was already delivered, that's enough. because buyer has the responsibility on giving correct address, You cannot do anything, just wait , if the buyer file a case at that time you can show your tracking details, that might be enough. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply