cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Paid for Item but disappeared on Local Pickup

Greetings,

I just sold a rather large item.  The buyer got a good deal.  But all over my auction it clearly states Local Pickup Only in Pasadena CA.  They're 1700 miles away.

There were moments where this buyer should have said they didn't see or misunderstood or whatever.  (I'd be annoyed but sure, I get it.)  Instead this buyer was aware, paid me, and has gone silent.

I've looked all over eBay for advice.  It all seems to say 'refund them the money because they're clearly clueless.'   I reject that advice.  Why?  Last time I checked --

-- I have a legal contract.  If you bid for this item you must come pick it up (in a reasonable period of time) while I accept your money.  Nowhere does it say, "Unless you can't come pick it up." 

I've been sending messages regarding what's next and the person isn't replying.  So I'm on the brink of sending a final message.  You have until Friday to reply and next Friday to pick it up,  and if I don't hear anything -- I'm going to keep your money and relist the item.

I don't want to sound greedy.  I'm just saying it's not my job to take care of this adult.

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Buyer Paid for Item but disappeared on Local Pickup

Yes you do. lol. 

Message 31 of 35
latest reply

You don't get a defect either way. Transaction is done once they pay. 

Message 32 of 35
latest reply

Do you even look at the dates of the threads you insist on posting on? This ancient thread is from 2021. 

Message 33 of 35
latest reply

This is what I do -

NEVER sell anything for Local Pickup.

This way, you NEVER have that issue.

And the person saying 'you sound greedy' sounds like a dip stick to me.

Loose Cannon
Message 34 of 35
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 35 of 35
latest reply