cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are posters regarded as Media Mail?

I just sold a large poster and was wondering if posters can be shipped as Media Mail? It's printed, has no writing and it's for an exhibit that closed a while ago.

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Are posters regarded as Media Mail?

Have you considered shipping it ground.  USPS 

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

@kauvil-us 

"The poster is from a museum about a historic exhibition (Napoleon's invasion pf Russia, to be exact)."

Since you describe it as an historic exhibition poster, it does not sound like what USPS defines as a "Printed educational reference chart" (e. g., a chart of the human body, or the periodic table of the elements, or the letters of the alphabet).

Your poster then would need to be shipped as Ground Advantage, rather than USPS Media, since it would be similar to other commercial posters, which advertise other items and programs.

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

I just took it to our Post Office, asked the clerk if it was OK, and he said "No problem, your item qualifies as Media Mail". So I don't need any more advice from this forum. But I thank all who replied, true or false.

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

I sure hope you got that "Opened forinspection" stamp on it.

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

@kauvil-us wrote:

Boy, I sure love the answers you get here. One says it does include posters, the other one says it doesn't include them. I think you guys should get together and coordinate your replies to posts here.  I tilll don't have an answer to my question.

Then I recommend you go to the source (USPS) ... and come back to inform us.  

You're welcome.  🙂  🙄

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

Glad you got the answer you wanted, but please note what the PO clerk allowed it is not a valid excuse if you get inspected and delivery issues occur because you utilized the incorrect service.

You do you.

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

I JUST GOT BACK FROM POST OFFICE. THE CLERK SAID MY ROCK CONCERT POSTER WAS NOT MEDIA MAIL 

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

@tomdargan wrote:

I JUST GOT BACK FROM POST OFFICE. THE CLERK SAID MY ROCK CONCERT POSTER WAS NOT MEDIA MAIL 

That USPS clerk gave you correct info  @tomdargan .

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

@vilkau wrote:

I just took it to our Post Office, asked the clerk if it was OK, and he said "No problem, your item qualifies as Media Mail". So I don't need any more advice from this forum. But I thank all who replied, true or false.

Actually you did not honor the terms of your own listing. 

You stated USPS  first class.

As a buyer I would be upset that you lowered the shipping class and pocketed the extra money.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 24 of 25
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect 

That is what I do, although my PO thinks I am trustworthy and laugh when I do it, I do it because there is less risk of my package getting mangled later on down the line by someone that does not care about really old books etc. 

Message 25 of 25
latest reply