cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About packaging.

I was staring blankly at Facebook this evening when this scrolled onto the screen.

https://www.thisiscolossal.com/2017/01/fedex-works-walead-beshty/?fbclid=IwAR3tJxw9Z11pPEmY3xE3UaJDo...

Thought it might interest those who ship fragile stuff.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

About packaging.

Nothing looks or sounds better than broken glass...uness it is something I am shipping!  Great link.  Thanks.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

About packaging.

@femmefan1946 

What a great story! Cracked me up the way they're displayed with the FedEx boxes and tracking #'s. Thanks for sharing that. 😀

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

About packaging.

Yes. You are right. They will be aware of it.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

About packaging.

That's pretty cool but Fedex boxes aren't made to protect things. 

The gold standard for shipping delicate items is "can I drop it out a 3rd floor window? If not it isn't packaged well enough"

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

About packaging.

That's helpful.

The next time I ship a fragile item to a customer and it arrives broken, I'll simply tell them that it is art.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

About packaging.

I don't get requests like this very often, but since we offer free delivery on everything with Priority Mail, we do not currently have our listings set up for several shipping methods and pricing. Priority Mail express used to be checked off, and I really need to do that again for the upcoming holiday. Today, though, I received one of those "I need it in two days guaranteed" orders, and I found myself having to ask the customer whether they have a PayPal account in order to pay an additional fee for the extra quick shipment. If something like this happens, it would have been wonderful if we could also invoice through eBay.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

About packaging.

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply