cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Day Shipping

Hi everyone, I’m hoping I can receive some help from another seller regarding shipping.  I offer free shipping and a customer just purchased a few items from my store.  After paying the customer requested 2 day shipping and is willing to pay for it.  I’ve never had this request before and don’t know how to do it because I offer free shipping.  The customer paid already for the items but not for the extra shipping fee.  How do I charge for the shipping?  Can someone please assist me further?  Thank you.  Merry Christmas all!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

2 Day Shipping

Figure out the additional cost for 2-day service and figure out the PayPal fees on that amount. Total it up and send the buyer an invoice through PayPal. Since the buyer paid already it's OK to ask for their e-mail address.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

2 Day Shipping

Figure out the additional cost for 2-day service and figure out the PayPal fees on that amount. Total it up and send the buyer an invoice through PayPal. Since the buyer paid already it's OK to ask for their e-mail address.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

2 Day Shipping

Thank you for the quick response to my question.  I use eBay managed payments and not PayPal.  Can I still send her an invoice and share my email address?  Thank you.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

2 Day Shipping

You can't send an invoice through Managed Payments.  But if you have a Paypal account you can send an invoice through there.

Depending on the service, sending the item with 'two day shipping' isn't a guarantee that it will arrive in 2 days so you may end up with a disappointed buyer unless that they realize that.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

2 Day Shipping

Thank you so much for your help.  Happy Holidays!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

2 Day Shipping

Thank you for your response and I did explain to the customer there would be no guarantee on the shipping since the services are already delayed.  Happy Holidays!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply