cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quarterly Coupons for Top Rated Sellers

Does any other of the probably millions of top-rated sellers feel insulted that our $25 quarterly coupons have not changed for years, while eBay's shipping supplies have gone up astronomically?  

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

The coupon is for store owners, Top Rated seller has nothing to do with it.

I think it would be nice to have an increase in the coupon but I'm afraid that eBay is more likely to remove the coupon rather than increase the value.   I hope I am wrong.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

@shoppinhaven4u wrote:

Does any other of the probably millions of top-rated sellers feel insulted that our $25 quarterly coupons have not changed for years, while eBay's shipping supplies have gone up astronomically?  

No, I do not feel insulted. I am Top Rated but I have never had a store. I have also never bought eBay supplies and never would.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

so.......how much have store rents increased? 

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Last Seller Check In question was asked about increase in coupon value. 

eBay staff answer: No, no increase this year. However we are planning to offer additional variety packs of supplies.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Any discount is better than no discount.

eBay does not have to provide a discount coupon but I am glad it does. The discount coupon allows me the opportunity to purchase bubble mailers at a reasonable price. Not free of course, but less than full price. Some of us choose to use eBay branded supplies, others don't. 

I would think that without the discount coupon sellers would probably not purchase eBay branded supplies as boxes, bubble mailers, tape, etc. are available elsewhere at a lower price.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

I get $50 each quarter.  I don't complain.  Free stuff is free stuff.  

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

No, I do not feel insulted that the free stuff is not 'free' enough.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

The coupon has nothing to do with being a TRS, it's the store subscription.

If you want a bigger coupon, upgrade your store.

Have a great day
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

the eBay store isn't cheap and it has very little that I need.   200 eBay branded number 10 envelopes for $25??

Sending America's collectibles where they belong, one auction at a time!

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Yes, I feel insulted.

I believe I have 2 options...

#1) Feel insulted and continue to sell here.

#2) Feel insulted and stop selling here.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Be thankful that you receive them. Been a TRS for years and haven't received any in quite some time.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

@pls-consignments wrote:

Be thankful that you receive them. Been a TRS for years and haven't received any in quite some time.

If you pay for a store, you get one every quarter.  They have nothing to do with your TRS status.  They are under your store tab--subscriber discount.

@pls-consignments 

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

I try to use the coupon on "something". But their prices have gone up so much that most supplies I can get from my local packing supply company for cheaper than through ebay even after the coupon is applied. 

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

its not much but helps me feel better as it offset my anchor and basic store cost lol.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply