cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked thread with verify email?

822D72D7-18FC-4239-8219-40BE1058632C.jpeg

 I’ve seen this for a few months, but what is the purpose of this? 

sheila@ebay 

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I have had this too.  Once it was on a post I authored!  I couldn't even reply to it!!

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I'll wager it's a "one-size-fits-all" error message Khoros displays no matter what the actual circumstances are--not unlike the fake HTML error message that refers to highlighted text (which, of course, is never highlighted) or tells you your message has been changed to remove the HTML (which it hasn't) or any of the other false or misleading error messages in this new software.

I noticed that the new software has an error message saying something about "correct your post and resubmit" when the problem is actually that you've run out of editing time. Nothing can be corrected--if you're out of time, you're out of time. Period. The previous software actually displayed an error message that said something like "time has expired to edit this post."

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

sheila@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@loveyourimagination49 wrote:

822D72D7-18FC-4239-8219-40BE1058632C.jpeg

 I’ve seen this for a few months, but what is the purpose of this? 

sheila@ebay 

Thanks for bringing this up. I'm meeting Khoros tomorrow and will ask them.

Sheila
Community Manager
eBay
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

sheila@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@loveyourimagination49 and @evry1nositswindy Khoros is asking for some additional information.

1. The next time this happens, please send over the URL of the page you're viewing. Which post are you trying to reply to?

2. Does this happen after you clear your cache and cookies, refresh the page, and try again?

The first question will give Khoros the information they need to attempt to replicate this. The second will let them know if this is a local issue (between the browser and the application) or a platform issue (between the application and the back end). In a nutshell, Khoros needs to be able to reproduce the issue.

Thanks for your help!

Sheila
Community Manager
eBay
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I was following a thread this week and it did this with no warning. ... Well, the one slap on the wrist from a moderator (a little over halfway through) to remind us to "cool down a little", but with no other warning or explanation. I thought it odd...

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

The thread was locked and archived. The reason for my question was why take up space to show the box with verify your email. 

I know I couldn’t reply because it was archived and locked. It just needs taken out.

IPhone

sheila@ebay 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

sheila@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@loveyourimagination49 next time you get the message, can you share the link to the post? If you remember the post you got the 'locked and archived' post, please post them here.

I agree, the locked and archived message should be removed and right now, I don't know why it's appearing.

Sheila
Community Manager
eBay
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

sheila@ebay 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Why-is-there-a-icon-of-a-lock-on-some-of-the-selling-discussio...

You can just google it. It’s a coincidence that the thread is about locked threads. I knew if I searched it, it would come up with the error message thing.

It shows me the same message that this thread was about.

B4EE4330-9CFA-470C-964F-1BC214F1FF85.png

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Lol, that thread from 2017 seems to be complaining about the red bar too. 🤣

Message 10 of 10
latest reply