cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boards not working on firefox?

Anyone else not able to view the boards on Firefox this morning? Not sure if its an ebay/lithium issue or a firefox issue. I can still view them on chrome and safari. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 1 of 20
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

doug@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Lithium identified a server issue and restarted servers. I am checking multiple browsers and things seem back to normal. Please let me know if issues persist.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 19 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Yes, they were down on FireFox for me for an hour, hour and a half. They're back up now and the menu bar at the top is rearranged. They must be performing updates.

Good night and good luck
Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Yes, they were not working for me with Firefox for awhile but seem back now. They did rearrange the deck chairs and I was lost for a moment. LOL

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Interesting. I was just trading posts with someone on another board who is having trouble seeing the boards with Chrome -- I bet this is related.

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

It was down on iPhone too.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Thanks everyone! I have been on my iPhone most of the morning & had no issues but I got on my MacBook, Firefox wasn’t displaying the boards, it was just some text links and none of the forums would open! Glad it wasn’t just me 🙂

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

@missjen831
Like this?
No doubt they are tinkering today.
I posted a new post below because force of habit I was hitting Seller news that took the spot of Discussion board & I am just so used to the spot it was in on the menu bar . 
Teach me to pay attention won't it !!!!
I am getting this in one of my browsers, it is working in Chrome right now & edge for me

boards issue 8-18 2.JPG

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

@labs118 Yes it looked just like that! 

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

@helloandgoodmorning wrote:

Yes, they were down on FireFox for me for an hour, hour and a half. They're back up now and the menu bar at the top is rearranged. They must be performing updates.

Yes, they did a code update. I had the same screen full of garbage, and when it came back, the top menu was in a different order.

Who does a cosmetic code change in the middle of the day? Never mind, don't answer that.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

doug@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi all, looking into this. There seem to be some intermittent issues.

@missjen831 wrote:

Anyone else not able to view the boards on Firefox this morning? Not sure if its an ebay/lithium issue or a firefox issue. I can still view them on chrome and safari. 

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

I'll answer you @thatsallfolks .

There was no dynamic code change in the middle of the day.

@@thatsallfolk wrote:

Yes, they did a code update. I had the same screen full of garbage, and when it came back, the top menu was in a different order.

Who does a cosmetic code change in the middle of the day? Never mind, don't answer that.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

doug@ebay wrote:

@@thatsallfolk wrote:

Yet the screen somehow changed. Must be magic.

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

I don't believe in magic.

Could be servers, networks, many things. We're looking into it.

@thatsallfolks wrote:

doug@ebay wrote:

@@thatsallfolk wrote:

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

doug@ebay wrote:

@thatsallfolks wrote:

doug@ebay wrote:

@@thatsallfolk wrote:

Thanks for looking into it. I only made my comment because in 30 years in IT, I've never seen a server or network problem change the order of the items in a menu. 

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Excellent point @thatsallfolks and I agree. That is a different issue than the Community displaying on Firefox.

@thatsallfolks wrote:

doug@ebay wrote:

@thatsallfolks wrote:

doug@ebay wrote:

@@thatsallfolk wrote:

Thanks for looking into it. I only made my comment because in 30 years in IT, I've never seen a server or network problem change the order of the items in a menu. 

Message 15 of 20
latest reply