cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

www,ebay.com CLOSED THE CONNECTION! Can't log in

5 HRS AND COUNTING. Can't log in on my computer or through ebay app. FIX THIS, I have orders to ship!

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

If you can log in here ( this community page uses the same ID and Passord as your seller page) you can get to your seller hub by clicking the eBay logo upper left of this page, it will bring you to ebay's main page then you can get to your seller hub from there by clicking "My eBay" upper right of the main ebay page. 

If that doesn't help you may want to look into your internet connection.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

But you managed to to write here in eBay. How is that possible? Can't get in eBay but here you are in eBay.

Sounds like an internal problem on your computer and or iPhone app.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Have someone fix your computer or modem. Ebay is working.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I have tried that and it does not work. It can't be my internet connection because I can log into Etsy, my Bank Account, Craigslist and every other website. This is an Ebay ISOLATED PROBLEM

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Yes, I can google ebay community and get here and that is ALL, Don't really appreciate the snarky comment. Hundreds of people have reported this same issue on EBAY DOWN DETECTOR. I am still getting sales ringing on my phone to. And that is the ONLY thing working on the APP!

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I don't know how to help but you had a sale.  If need be you can print a shipping label at your public library. 

IN THE SPIRIT OF CRAZY HORSE FREE LEONARD PELTIER Defense Committee Poster BOND | eBay

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

I don't know what to tell you then. I'm not having issues getting into ebay with app or PC. 

Have you tried using a browser on your device instead of the app? 

Try another browser on your PC.

Turn your devices off then turn back on. 

That's all the solutions I have sorry. 

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Hey @ekmadonna.

Here's a decent article about things you can try:

https://www.infopackets.com/news/10268/how-fix-site-cant-be-reached-connection-was-reset-error

But if you need to ship packages today and cannot spend time troubleshooting right now, I can suggest going to pirateship.com and creating an account (free). You can integrate your eBay account so pirateship will automatically pull in your orders, you can purchase the labels, and tracking will be sent to eBay. It might be the fastest option here to get your packages taken care of.

Alternately, if you have a phone or tablet that can access the eBay app you can handle things from there for today until this issue is resolved.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Down Detector is pretty useless when the number of people affected is in the hundreds.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@wes-4507 wrote:

Down Detector is pretty useless when the number of people affected is in the hundreds.

It is probably hundreds with computer or modem issues blaming Ebay.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Make sure all software (OS, Virus, browser, etc.) is up to date.  Shut down all devices (PC, phone, router, modem), and leave everything off for a few seconds.  Then begin powering things back on starting with the modem/router.

I've had hangs on sites when my pc or software was waiting to update.  Some cashback programs interfere with my connections as well.  

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@ekmadonna wrote:

5 HRS AND COUNTING. Can't log in on my computer or through ebay app. FIX THIS, I have orders to ship!

Had the same problem.

GOOD NEWS it is back up and running11:18 AM pacific time

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I had the same issue and eBay is back up for me, too.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply