cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tracking shows delivered but buyer says they did to get it?

So I sold a somewhat expensive item to Germany and the buyer says they did not get it but the tracking shows it was delivered.  He wants me to start an insurance claim but I'm afraid it will be denied because tracking shows it was delivered.  I sent it via USPS express mail, insured.  Any ideas? 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: tracking shows delivered but buyer says they did to get it?

It will be denied because the item was shown as delivered. You need to tell him that he must contact the German Postal Service on his end to report the problem. If he believes the item may have been stolen, he should report it to the Police. If he opens an "Item not Received" case, you should win automatically based on the delivery status. I know it's frustrating that you can't be more help but, there really isn't anything you can do except to let him know what he can do on his end.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

You could always go ahead and file the claim, let USPS deny it, and regretfully inform the buyer.

As my friend Tom would say, "It don't cost nothin'."
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Hi, if the tracking shows delivery, your job is done and your obligations have been met in eBay’s eyes. Be sympathetic, but there is nothing more you can do. If they open a Item Not Received claim, input the tracking number into the case. That is very important. Ebay will close it in your favor. It is unfortunate for your buyer but you owe them nothing more. Once delivered, the matter is outside of your hands. It is now a police concern.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@fashunu4eeuh wrote:

Hi, if the tracking shows delivery, your job is done and your obligations have been met in eBay’s eyes. Be sympathetic, but there is nothing more you can do. If they open a Item Not Received claim, input the tracking number into the case. That is very important. Ebay will close it in your favor. It is unfortunate for your buyer but you owe them nothing more. Once delivered, the matter is outside of your hands. It is now a police concern.

We are lucky here on ebay that they will side with us in this situation. Amazon has the attitude that tracking means nothing if the buyer says they didn't get the package. They require signature confirmation.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@pburn wrote:
You could always go ahead and file the claim, let USPS deny it, and regretfully inform the buyer.

I disagree strongly. The seller would be opening a fraudulent claim due to tracking showing delivery. Guess who will get the fallout from THAT which could scupper the seller for future legitimate claims. Bad advice.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@impeeryus wrote:

@pburn wrote:

I disagree strongly. The seller would be opening a fraudulent claim due to tracking showing delivery. Guess who will get the fallout from THAT which could scupper the seller for future legitimate claims. Bad advice.

And I strongly disagree with you.

If the buyer claims they did not receive the package, the USPS lost package claim is not fraudulent. It might be mistaken, but it certainly is not "fraudulent." Filing a lost-package claim for a buyer who says they did not receive a package would not scupper the seller for future legitimate claims.

"Fraudulent" implies intent to deceive. Since the seller does not know whether the buyer received the package--no matter what tracking indicated--there is no intent to defraud anyone. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

How is seller filing a fraudulent claim?The buyer told them it was not delivered so a its lost

But Usps can't do anything to find it in another countries postal service except forward the report

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 8 of 8
latest reply