cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

start selling

I am certified in eBay policies and eBay Academy and have a good understanding of selling on eBay. Do I need to get permission from eBay before I start selling?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

start selling

You would need to sign up with Payoneer and link it to your eBay account before you can sell. You will need to receive approval from eBay first.

Sell only items you have on hand.

Do not drop ship from places like Walmart, Amazon or Alibaba.

Read up on Prohibited and restricted items 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

start selling

You must link a Payoneer account and get approved to sell. You will also need a business license.  Payoneer lets you know right away when you're successfully linked. Then it takes eBay 2-4 weeks to activate your selling account after linking to Payoneer. eBay will send you an email when you're  all set.

Note that Payoneer has two different types of accounts, an Individual and a Company account. It matters which type of account you link. On eBay you can sell on a personal or a business account, it doesn't matter.  If your eBay account is a personal account link an Individual Payoneer account. If your eBay account is a business account then your Payoneer account needs to be a Company account.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

start selling

You need to have inventory before you sell.  The most important thing to successful selling online is to have product nobody else sells.  You will not make money if what you sell can be bought anywhere and there are thousands of other people selling the same item.  You will not make money of you don't invest time in the 'project'.  That means scouring your local markets and such for inventory.  

Message 4 of 4
latest reply