cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selling & vacation ??

so I'm going on vacation in June is there a way to put my account on hold for 10 days when the time comes .. for obvious reasons I don't want to have items sold while I'm gone and not be able to follow thru with shipping..

this forum has been very helpful I appreciate all the input and advice thanks for your continued support. 

Jesso

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

selling & vacation ??

Read up on Time away, what it is and how to use it to take time away. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

selling & vacation ??

on time aways you cAN GO AS MUCH as 30 days  all item will be  hidden  if you chose to 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

selling & vacation ??

I did time away for  2 weeks.

Buyers still able to buy but it is shown when seller returns in the items for sale.

I made about 70 sales while away. Buyers were all cool with waiting.

I just notified each buyer when I returned in an email. and when item would be mailed.

An added plus I got the funds from these sales while on vacation...which is strange...hun?

Don't know if that has changed...but it was cool to make money while on vacation.

Plus I prefer buyers to keep looking at my items while on vacation.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

selling & vacation ??

Hi @thejesso .

Here's the page about Time Away settings:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling-tools/time-away?id=5137

If you allow sales while away, make sure you read all the exclusions carefully.

Plan to have any auctions or offers end a week before you leave.

There's an option to set up an out of office auto-response within the Time Away settings.

Keep in mind you're still responsible for handling any return requests, claims or payment disputes that are filed while you're away. If you won't have internet access to check in every day or two, I suggest setting up automated return rules. You can turn off the automation after you return.

https://www.ebay.com/rtn/Return/SellerRules

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

selling & vacation ??

Since everyone pretty much gave good advice here, I just want to say enjoy your time away! I hope it is fabulous. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply