cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"We were not able to take the payment." Anyone else getting this when buying shipping label?

I am getting this message when I attempt to purchase a shipping label: "We were not able to take the payment." No information is provided as to why they are unable to take payment. I am in managed payments and everything is fine. Everything worked fine yesterday.

I have tried multiple times, even backing out and starting over with no luck.

Ideas anyone?

(other than go to the post office or use a different shipper)

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: "We were not able to take the payment." Anyone else getting this when buying shipping

This happened to me on my alternate account. Paypal flagged my account as suspicious so I can no longer print labels on there. Pretty annoying. Luckily my main account still works. Sorry, not much help but you're not alone.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: "We were not able to take the payment." Anyone else getting this when buying shipping

This happened to me on my alternate account. Paypal flagged my account as suspicious so I can no longer print labels on there. Pretty annoying. Luckily my main account still works. Sorry, not much help but you're not alone.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thanks after about 30 min it started working again

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@scstool wrote:

I am getting this message when I attempt to purchase a shipping label: "We were not able to take the payment." No information is provided as to why they are unable to take payment. I am in managed payments and everything is fine. Everything worked fine yesterday.

I have tried multiple times, even backing out and starting over with no luck.

Ideas anyone?

(other than go to the post office or use a different shipper)

@scstool 

Maybe eBay's card swiping terminal (Adyen) is broken right now.😉

You could go and purchase your postage from a 3rd party like PayPal, Pirateship, etc., and then upload the tracking number by using the copy and then paste method.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I ran into this issue just this morning, as a result of adding a credit card in my PayPal wallet, setting it as the preferred payment method, then deleting the previously-used card.  eBay shipping relies on PayPal's "automatic payments" function in which the preferred funding source is independent of PayPal's standard preferred-payment selection.

If your error within eBay shipping coincides with that scenario, within PayPal go to settings (gear icon), then the Payments sub-tab, then click "Manage automatic payments", then "Manage Funding Sources".  In my case, no source was selected because I had deleted the old one, and PayPal did not automatically select my new card for this feature despite having chosen it in the "Wallet" section.  Once I applied the change, the shipping payment error disappeared.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Hey there. This didn't help. I just added my bank card to PayPal. I only have this issue with USPS. So odd.

Fun Fact - The eBay rep told me you don't have to use the shipping carrier of what the buyer selected.

Cheers,

pctech007

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply