cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Spring" into April 2018 with the Scrounge Lounge

Our History: The Scrounge Lounge formed on the old Auction Listings board in 2003.

Who are we? Ebay buyers and sellers who love the thrill of the hunt.

We find treasures in the usual, and at times, unusual places.

Here in the Lounge we share our finds, talk about sales, share our successes and our mistakes, we ask and answer questions, help identify widgets, and we'd love to hear about all your scrounging adventures!

March thread is here-->https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/quot-March-quot-ing-Along-SCROUNGE-LOUNGE-Go-Green/td-p/281823...

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 1 of 105
latest reply
104 REPLIES 104

Here's hoping we've seen the last of Old Man Winter now Spring is here.

Looking forward to sunshine and being warm

Message 2 of 105
latest reply

why is it cold and rainy then?  HMMMM?

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 3 of 105
latest reply

Well here we at least have sunshine but it IS cold and windy still.

Message 4 of 105
latest reply

Hi all, Hope everyone had an Easter as lovely as mine, weather and family wise,   perfect and worth all the hassel of hosting it ( For like the last 40 years)  This one was a piece of cake,  just my sisters and their families none of my husbands side came so there was only 26 of us and to be honest way more pleasant for me!!!!   Actually had time to enjoy the day.

My cookie jar lady has little feedback and this is one note she sent

Thank you so much!!! I am so excited to be reunited with this cookie jar and show my siblings. They won t believe I found one exactly like ours. And having matching shakers is a plus. I ve never seen those, very cute. The older I get, memories like these are great to look back on. Thanks for the response!

She sent another after she got it but I cant find it to share,  but she was happy to the point of tears. 

I had a first, guess I was under 2 ounces on a 1st class to NY and I got a message that they deducted 1.62 from my pay pal to cover the underage.  Made me scratch my head for a moment, but I guess that is fine and the buyer was not bothered with postage due or anything.  I will be sure to triple check now  I know when I started I always overpaid an ounce or two, but now I take the time to get more right on the money.   I think I added an Easter treat and little 2018 calander to that package and just didn't recheck the calculated weight I put in.  Anyways, all good I reckon.

Cheers dears
Common sense is a flower that does not grow in every garden.

Message 5 of 105
latest reply

IMG_6260.JPG

The youngest grandkid in his bunny suit (it has a tail at the back) on his first Easter = )

Message 6 of 105
latest reply

So cute. The outfit and the little one. Thanks for sharing Looking.

Great news from that buyer Justy. So nice when someone does that.
Message 7 of 105
latest reply

Supposed to be 40 tomorrow morning and 75 in the afternoon. Lows in the 20s by Friday. Can't break out the short pants just yet.
Message 8 of 105
latest reply

Had 8 sales today, 2 of which I already mailed out this morning.

Have packed up 5 others for the morning except one which I WOULD pack IF I could track it down.

So doing the lost widget hunt again. And once again I have TWO of the bleep things, but can't locate either.

Weatherwise it's cooler and windy and overcast again here. Summer can't come soon enough.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 9 of 105
latest reply

Only 4 sales today (well actually that's an improvement) but at least I know where they all are.... in the pile I listed yesterday.

Message 10 of 105
latest reply

LOL, that's always a plus. When they sell before you get a chance to put them away = )

Had a couple last weekend like that.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 11 of 105
latest reply

Love the "Spring" thread title!  Y.   I am looking at your YME ID thinking about those lost widgets and although I feel bad for you, I can't help but think those two ID's have a bad mojo LOL

Great on the sales! TY for the new sheets!

lol@dtex....talkin' bout nasty weather. 

Easter was great weather and otherwise, and the Friday night before was lovely, we were at a lakeside dinner and it was perfect, had a nice time with old friends, then Monday one of the brothers of my late friend "Shep" came up here and we drove off to the valley to visit another friend who was at the dinner. lovely day.  So he ("Stringer", his HS nickname) tells me we have a forecast of up to 8" of snow, it started as soon as he dropped me off super light the rest of the day but then a large area got it and it ended yesterday.   THANKS SUN, I had read earlier you all got 4 inches or so and I know we usually get your weather shortly afterwards lol.  Ding Dong.

I've been out of coffee and other usuals and stranded due to driveway not plowed out. 

I KNEW I should have gone to the store that day....I am not listening to any local news lately.  When you have a regular tv reception, they give us local weather every fifteen minutes for HOURS on end.

So, I walked to the store this morning, the sun is out and the snow is sparkling in it.  

I'd fire up the truck but it has about 8" of snow on the hood that has to be cleaned off . ugh. 

I shoveled the walk yesterday because it was so heavy and wet, then it snowed another 4"

I am hoping it will melt right off.

Message 12 of 105
latest reply

What a sweet pic of your grandson, he looks like a Gerber Baby! Suit is adorable too. 

Message 13 of 105
latest reply

great on the sales, dtex, I was just looking at the church you have listed. I don't know what those houses etc are made of, the Dickens houses, but I had a plastic church that was similar, it sold some time back and it was tall and had a light inside and some plastic sleeve things that resembled stained glass for the windows. There was no markings as to maker to be found. It was a cream colored plastic. Well it's gone now but I often wondered who manufactured it. Some funky US company lol, like the dollar stores now. It was probably no more than five bucks when new.
Message 14 of 105
latest reply

@mississippi*mercantilewrote:
great on the sales, dtex, I was just looking at the church you have listed. I don't know what those houses etc are made of, the Dickens houses, but I had a plastic church that was similar, it sold some time back and it was tall and had a light inside and some plastic sleeve things that resembled stained glass for the windows. There was no markings as to maker to be found. It was a cream colored plastic. Well it's gone now but I often wondered who manufactured it. Some funky US company lol, like the dollar stores now. It was probably no more than five bucks when new.

I don't see many plastic houses, most are porcelain.  I know some of the discount chains occasionally produced the plastic but they didn't have the same "sashay" as the porcelain and never really caught on that I can tell.   All the different brands of porcelain houses were made by about 4 or 5 companies out of China and Taiwan.  O'Wells and Yi Chen were two of the largest.  Weird what you pick up over time selling these things.

Message 15 of 105
latest reply