cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Settings" in listing tool not showing up.

I'm trying to create listings with Variations, and have been stymied at every turn. I'm supposed to be able to click the 3 dots, and turn on the option in the Settings (Yes, I'm using Fixed-Price listings, with multiple quantities available.) When I click on Settings, I get this, and nothing else:

Screenshot 2023-07-29 at 8.59.53 AM.png

I'm using desktop/web, not mobile, and have used several different browsers, with the same result.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@the_knave 

I have seen this happen when the selected category does not support variation listings.  If possible, try to select a different category on the listing form.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@mcdougle4248  is correct

not all categories support variations...

in addition (if memory serves me right)

when using "Sell Similar" (even if in a 'good' category) SOMETIMES the Settings will not give you the variation option...

You need to 'Create A New Listing'

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@monica-sells wrote:

@mcdougle4248  is correct

not all categories support variations...

in addition (if memory serves me right)

when using "Sell Similar" (even if in a 'good' category) SOMETIMES the Settings will not give you the variation option...

You need to 'Create A New Listing'

Yes, great point!

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

It's a category that both shows up when I look to see what's supported by variations, and I've seen listings with variations live in that category.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I'm starting a listing from scratch, and using a category that both shows up as supporting variations, and I've seen active listings with variations in it.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

A point I also need to emphasize is that no options whatsoever are showing up when I click "Settings."

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@the_knave 

Please share what you are listing and the category you are using. If you can share the item number of an active listing that you are seeing with variations, I will try to set up a test listing on my account and see what I can come up with.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I’m having the exact same problem. I select the three dots but I just get a pop up saying:

“Settings

Control which feature you would like to see on your listing summary”

But there is no toggle or any options displayed. I’m trying to list different chess pieces and under Toys & Hobbies this should be permitted. I’ve seen such listings in the past but don’t find any today. I have as buy it now and quantity 32. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@hecus70 

If you are trying to set up a variation listing try using this category:

Toys & Hobbies > Games>Game Pieces, Parts

I am seeing the option for variations when selecting the above category.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply