cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Sell what is in demand" Enough with the vagueness

A group of sellers ALWAYS give the advice, "Sell what is in demand."  So.........what is that?  Without mentioning gold, phones, shoes & Gretzky RCs, what do you consider 'in demand' items?  I don't need to know because I don't have them nor can I afford to buy a pallet or warehouse full of these.  Please enlighten the general public with your wisdom on what you consider are items that will make eBay a valuable part of their lives.  🙂  Stop being vague.  🙂   Or are you in the "I don't want to say because I don't want the competition" dept. while hiding your ID with an alternate username?   lol  Not showing anyone that your advice is not helping your stagnant sales, too?   😛

Message 1 of 45
latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

For what little it's worth, I sell ball caps and blue jeans. They seem to always be in demand. :ebayboxwmoney:

Message 2 of 45
latest reply

For what little it's worth,
a) a brand of consumer electronics listed in a dozen eBay categories. I bought it on eBay, sorted into like items and listed it. An average of 60 units per Buy-It-Now listing.
b) used automotive parts. Search and click on Sold, on the left. Figure out the good selling items. Go to a salvage yard, pull parts off of cars and list them on eBay.

Message 3 of 45
latest reply

Thank you mtgraves7984 for not being vague.

i love ball caps and especially denim anything!IMG_3595.jpeg

Message 4 of 45
latest reply

I can provide some specific examples of in-demand items on eBay that don't fall into the usual categories (gold, phones, shoes, and sports memorabilia). Demand can vary by season and location, but here are some examples:

1. Home decor and organization items, like macrame plant holders, woven baskets, and storage solutions.
2. Vintage and second-hand clothing, accessories, and home goods, vinyl records, and retro posters.
3. Health and wellness products, such as essential oils, skincare sets, and fitness equipment.
4. Pet products, like handmade pet beds, customized collars, and natural treats.
5. Specialty foods and gourmet ingredients, like artisanal spices, small-batch sauces, and exotic teas.
6. Handmade and crafted items, such as jewelry, candles, and customized phone cases.
7. Educational resources and materials for homeschooling, like workbooks, curricula, and learning aids.

These are just a few examples, and there are many more niches and opportunities on eBay. I'm not hiding behind an alternate username; I am not hoarding secrets to protect my own sales. I hope this helps.

Message 5 of 45
latest reply

There are many item that would sell. For example, a real working Pokeball  parents could keep their kids in.  

Message 6 of 45
latest reply

@sakic92710 ,

Are you saying sellers are making things up? I used to try and offer more advice than I do today because I don't feel sellers appreciate it. Many sellers come here and complain about slow sales. When sellers offer advice they are called names like shills, cheer leaders and etc.  Often times the advice is ignored by the complaining seller.

Message 7 of 45
latest reply

Thank you for taking your time to help others with a wide selection of ideas!

Message 8 of 45
latest reply

No.  I am saying some sellers give advice without any proof that they succeed on eBay with that same advice.

Message 9 of 45
latest reply

@sakic92710 wrote:

A group of sellers ALWAYS give the advice, "Sell what is in demand."  So.........what is that?  Without mentioning gold, phones, shoes & Gretzky RCs, what do you consider 'in demand' items?  I don't need to know because I don't have them nor can I afford to pay a pallet or warehouse full of these.  Please enlighten the general public with your wisdom on what you consider are items that will make eBay a valuable part of their lives.  🙂  Stop being vague.  🙂   Or are you in the "I don't want to say because I don't want the competition" dept. while hiding your ID with an alternate username?   lol  Not showing anyone that your advice is not helping your stagnant sales, too?   😛

Wait.... Another thread about a seller who can't figure out what to sell, so they come here and demand someone else figure it out for them?

I'll build you a business plan, show you products to sell, and help you out. But it's going to cost you 250K. What you are asking for is not "free" or owed to you. People spend a lot of time and money building a business. What in the world makes you think anyone is going to give you all the answers for free? LMAO. 

You know why people buy franchises? Because everything is already figured out FOR them. All they have to do is hand over a lot of money, and do what they are told. You are asking for someone to GIVE you a franchise. DERP! Wonder why no one wants to give you the answers. 

Message 10 of 45
latest reply

I’ll give you one that has consistently done well for me - vinyl/records.  Problem is that you have to know what will sell and how to grade if selling used.  And you can’t take the time to research every item that you come across - you actually have to know about records and what people want, not just what you like.  And for new, you have to know how to get them cheap enough to make any profit - wholesale prices that many sellers can get won’t cut it on eBay.

figuring out what you know well enough to sell AND what you can buy cheap enough to make what you want in profit (from your location) is actual work, and no one will do that for you.  

Message 11 of 45
latest reply

He never said he demanded to know. He asked which is what the forum is for. Guess you forgot

Message 12 of 45
latest reply

@sakic92710 ,

Why would someone go thru the trouble of posting advice if it didn’t work. I don’t buy that.

Message 13 of 45
latest reply

It depends on the time of year.

Now, items for gardening, barbecues, graduation, Mothers and Fathers day would sell good.

Have a great day
Message 14 of 45
latest reply

@simba6 wrote:

There are many item that would sell. For example, a real working Pokeball  parents could keep their kids in.  

I know multiple parents who would buy one of those. 😂

Message 15 of 45
latest reply