cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"BELOW STANDARD" How to Get out of it

Hi everyone i am now on below standard level this month because i have like 1,38%  of Cases closed without seller resolution with 217 transaction and i need to be at 0,30% or less and i guess ,Transaction period from Sep 01, 2016 - Aug 31, 2017 i have this problem only with Global Region not with the US ,

Questions:

1-what should i do to get out of it ,should i sell more i think i should sell 783 more (1000-217) to reach 0,30% is it right?

2-some of my listings i can't find them in the search results is this because of  the below standard level ?

3-i don't know exactly what transaction period mean can someone explain it to me ?

Thank You all 🙂 

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: "BELOW STANDARD" How to Get out of it

@phcd1 wrote:

@pantlandia wrote:

@phcd1 wrote:

@pantlandia wrote:

Go find about 1000 small items that you can sell for a penny and build up your tranactions, even if it means selling at a loss.

People are addressing the symptom, not the underlying cause. This won't work if the OP ends up with a 1000 SNAD cases? Dropshipping is rarely sucessfull on eBay. If you can't phyically hold it, you shouldn't sell it.

I didn't say op should dropship them.

What I said was not to imply that, just that dropshipping is always a bad idea on eBay. "Small items" quite often turn into SNAD cases becasue of there low quality (read in, $1 store items).

I should have broken the sentence up into two.

It's all good. I actually got what you meant after I posted. I guess it depends on the item and how well you describe them and photograph them.

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

@*eponymous* wrote:

what should i do to get out of it

It costs money to make money or everyone would be selling.

Your solution is to dig deep in your pocket and invest in your own inventory.

Stop dropshipping...but it's very likely too late with 1.38% on very low volume selling - and your location - and drop shipping. .3% is one case out of 300 sales.  2 unresolved cases can will result in a permanent selling ban at your volume.

eBay closes non-receipt cases immediately upon opening if the seller has not already uploaded a tracking number that shows the item was delivered.

Unresolved cases will result in a permanent selling ban very quickly.

I realize that there was a thread about eBay doing a test and they were closing some cases without a tracking number more quickly than usual, but are you saying that it is now a policy and they are automatically doing this?  If so, where can I reference that?

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

@phcd1 wrote:

You must ALWAYS resolve your cases, simple.

You're well on your way to being banned from eBay.

Depends on how much ebay likes the extra 4% FVF's that below standard sellers now pay.

Hello

Same is with us. Had 10 sales per day at least, reaching $15 k per month and in the beginning of August had 4 days of late shipments due to technical problems

Went to Below standard from a power seller and can't find my items on the net. Had one sale in a week, and it was from a repeat custome. That means we are present, but visibility is very bad 

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

Reslove your cases.

eBay does not close them within 24 hours.  I'm a pretty high volume seller and have NEVER had a case closed without resolution.

As a seller, you have to accept you will have buyers that are wrong, but refund, let them keep the item, etc.  You will lose on a sale, but that is how sales work.

Message 20 of 26
latest reply

@miamisunglassemporium wrote:

Hello

Same is with us. Had 10 sales per day at least, reaching $15 k per month and in the beginning of August had 4 days of late shipments due to technical problems

Went to Below standard from a power seller and can't find my items on the net. Had one sale in a week, and it was from a repeat custome. That means we are present, but visibility is very bad 

Must be on a different account?

My mistake, apologies.

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

Same situation, 2 late shipping in the last 3 months and since it affect my sellling i dont sell!! Since I dont sell I cant get out of this situation... This is by far the worst concept of feedback/review... I think all this whole system is outdated and does not reflect today's market!  eBay really needs to go to work!

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

@imarca wrote:

Same situation, 2 late shipping in the last 3 months and since it affect my sellling i dont sell!! Since I dont sell I cant get out of this situation... This is by far the worst concept of feedback/review... I think all this whole system is outdated and does not reflect today's market!  eBay really needs to go to work!

Actually the shipping metric DOES match todays market very well. Most buyers expect same day or next day shipping

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

I'm a private seller and got into this situation because the buyers are ALWAYS right, regardless of the case. In 2 of 3 cases, the byuers were abusing the reason for return (didn't want to pay for a return shipping). I didn't know that asking E-Bay for help, in actuality turned into a trouble for myself. I was punished by E-bay: low selling visability (nothing sold for 3 months), no promotions...Keep getting the e-mails from E-Bay to improve my my seller standards...

Ironically, E-Bay is doing everything to ruint it, despite the fact they 're not collecting any fees because nothing has been sold. It makes NO sense to me....

What is the moral of this? DO NOT ask E-Bay for help in the customer dispute

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

@dakotasmoke wrote:

@imarca wrote:

Actually the shipping metric DOES match todays market very well. Most buyers expect same day or next day shipping

With all due respect, even large companies don't ship that fast.  Those with the manpower and shipping departments to do so.

And there are a lot of buyers who are not concerned with speed.  They just want their item well packed and timely.  

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

As a seller, you have to accept you will have buyers that are wrong, but refund, let them keep the item, etc.  You will lose on a sale, but that is how sales work.  That statement is an ebay statement. STUPID. Thats like saying..... People going into a city WILL get shot. Some will die but thats how city living works.  Sorry thats just plain stupid.

Message 26 of 26
latest reply