cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about Fraud

I sold an item to a zero feedback buyer, ebay says okay to ship...

I have checked paypal and the funds are in my account...

If I ship the item to the address both ebay and paypal have on record,and it is confirmed as delivered through tracking,am I COVERED?

If either ebay or paypal determines at some later date that buyer committed some type of FRAUD, who is on the hook ,me, ebay, or paypal??? Can paypal take the funds back from me at a later date,if they for some reason feel fraud was committed by the buyer,or would ebay or paypal have to take the loss??

thanks in advance fo any responses...

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: question about Fraud

You would be covered if the buyer claims item was not received or that payment was unauthorized.

You are not covered if the buyer calims item is not as described, no matter what he returns to you.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@gsn13579 wrote:

I sold an item to a zero feedback buyer, ebay says okay to ship...

I have checked paypal and the funds are in my account...

If I ship the item to the address both ebay and paypal have on record,and it is confirmed as delivered through tracking,am I COVERED?

If either ebay or paypal determines at some later date that buyer committed some type of FRAUD, who is on the hook ,me, ebay, or paypal??? Can paypal take the funds back from me at a later date,if they for some reason feel fraud was committed by the buyer,or would ebay or paypal have to take the loss??

thanks in advance fo any responses...

Do know that is only half the battle as it covers you for item not receive.

If buyer files SNAD and sends you back a rock, you will most likely lose your item and have to refund his money.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

With respect, the time to address these concerns is before you list your item. There is no way to guarantee fraud won’t happen to you, but that is true in any venue. A zero-feedback ebayer is no more likely to be untrustworthy than one with tons. So pack well and ship.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Covered against what? Covered against INR claims, yes. If the value of the item is $750 or higher, you need signature confirmation.

Covered against SNAD? That's a different matter.

If you specifically mean credit card fraud, what happens in cases like this is that the true owner of the card files a chargeback for "unauthorized use" and PayPal temporarily docks your account for the funds until the thing is resolved. I'm not sure how it works these days, but the one time I had to deal with an "unauthorized use" chargeback, PayPal removed the funds and asked me to upload proof of delivery. I responded with the tracking number, since tracking data established delivery. PayPal then promptly restored the funds to my account, and presumably fought the case with the credit card company themselves.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

If you're talking about the ID youi're posting with, you sell fishing lures, under $25

I don't see those as prospects that would attract fraud.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Hello stranger Smiley Happy
The Paypal transaction page says confirmed ? Your good on any INR with tracking delivered to that address.
Even my unauthorized case  was released to me when tracked delivered to address on the Paypal transaction

paypal email confirmed address.JPG

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thanks ALL..

@labs118Hey Labs long time no see... yes the paypal page says confirmed ,I even called to make sure the funds were in my account... that is what I was most concerned about, a credit card charge back (unauthorized use)... but I am shipping to the address in both ebay and paypal, both say okay to ship,both addresses are the same , so I will have delivery confirmation...

As to the item being sold, actually it is on my other account,and is a $50.00 item not fishing flies...

Message 8 of 8
latest reply