cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

package stuck in delivery, buy close resolution case too soon

I sold/shipped an item at the end of February,and just found out last week that the lady still hadn't received it.  After filing all of the correct post office forms, and speaking with their rep on the phone/email, ends up that it's just bouncing around between 2 post offices, and is never going to get to it's destination. The buyer had opened a case, but somehow it ended up on hold (not sure if that was her doing). long story short, I asked her to change the status, and she closed the case. Now I'm not allowed to issue a refund. I don't know how to proceed

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

The INR case was probably put on hold by eBay because tracking was showing that the item was still in transit. 
There's nothing to proceed with on that return because the buyer closed it. There is no reason to refund the buyer now.  
I would let it go. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@whitefeatherfarm wrote:

I sold/shipped an item at the end of February, and just found out last week that the lady still hadn't received it.  After filing all of the correct post office forms, and speaking with their rep on the phone/email, ends up that it's just bouncing around between 2 post offices, and is never going to get to its destination.

I doubt that the package is really bouncing between two locations. More likely it was previously scanned when going into a container from one facility to the next, but not scanned when it came out, and thus tracking continues to follow the container on its daily rounds, unless or until there is a direct scan of the package itself someplace.

You might want to sign up for text or email notifications from USPS.com whenever there is a new sighting. You can do that by looking up the tracking history for your package on USPS.com (not eBay), and then scrolling to the bottom of that screen. That does not get your package "un-stuck" or anything like that, but it does save you the hassle of having to look up the tracking yourself periodically.

What shipping method did you use? For example, Ground Advantage and Priority offer up to $100 of coverage for a lost shipment. I think it needs to have fallen off the radar for 15 days before you can file a Lost Mail claim.

What was the last date of tracking, and what did it say at that time? I've had packages disappear from tracking for well over a week, but finally resurface at the destination sort facility, or even at the destination post office going out for delivery.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You can send customer a refund by go to ORDERS, ALL ORDERS (select that item) and SEND REFUND.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply