cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no sales

The only thing yet that i can say is good , no advertizements .

however i have had a sale from the start of this .

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: no sales

THank you , and you're correct. And even last year I would've rolled up my sleeves and started like a steamroller putting more up for sale. I've been selling on ebay for 10 years and have never never never seen sales come to a halt like this. I just cannot justify paying out more in fees when I'm not even getting the "reward" of more sales. I've tried listing more than a hundred items several times a week as well as 20-40 a day, with no improvement. I've listed extra items/paid listing fees and still have no additional sales , so now who in the world can keep paying extra fees on top of the store subscription and still not have enough sales to cover the fees. Last month I ran a promotion additional 10% off, at the same time as donation listings for everything I had listed. It was supposed to give me more "exposure". The only thing it really did was take more money--now I owe well $15 to the donation account and didn't even make an extra $15 in sales. I immediately stopped the donation promotion. I keep thinking I need to put "better" things for sale, but when you've been operating at a loss for 6 months you just can't keep giving away everything you have--that is not the purpose of "for sale".
Message 31 of 36
latest reply

@keziak wrote:

According to the Seller Hub I am down over 15% from last year. I need to add more books with better sales history. Right now I am spending more time researching my unsolds more carefully on ebay and I'm having to discard a lot of books. This is depressing because my incoming inventory stream is getting weaker as sources dry up. 

I would never EVER recommend online sales to a young person.  It was more doable 10 or more years ago but now it's just hard and it's not just me but other sellers I know.  I sell media and the market for CDs and DVDs has largely collapsed, and ebooks take a bite from books. I would say it's an ambitious part-time income or low-end full-time income which is OK for me because my husband covers the major family expenses from his lawyer income. I feel like all I do is save enough money to pay taxes. 

Smiley Sad

If something doesn't sell, it doesn't sell.  Get rid of it.

I've found I need to be more choosy about what I put on Ebay.  Putting everything up and letting it ride is going to hurt more than help.  Of course, that means that out of any given parts lot that comes through my door, fewer parts are going to make it into my store.  That means two things: I'm going to have a lot more extraneous **bleep** to deal with, and I have to be more aggressive about finding parts and paying more for them when I do.

Currently, I spend the majority of my time tracking down stuff to sell, both in my Ebay parts store and my other retail ecommerce stores.  It's important, because without good stuff to sell, you won't sell.

Message 32 of 36
latest reply

I NEVER comment on these slow sales threads...

But I have consistently done $300.00 to $500.00 dollars on this account over the past year,and I have NOT had a single sale since  September the 10th on this account (with the exception of one ( 1 ) sale for $5.99 on September 20th)... And what I sell on this account are fairly low price point items so my volume in transaction count is some where between 35 and 60 items a month...

24 days and counting with one (1) sale..

I finally called ebay  on the 30th of September ,they claim nothing is wrong,and my  items are visible...

I get a slow down,but completely STOPING,something is wrong...

I also posted this on another  slow/ NO sales thread...

Message 33 of 36
latest reply

I don't know what a badger airbrush is, but I feel sorry for that poor little thing! castlemagic -  

LOL  !!! I  bet he works his tail off too  grin

Message 34 of 36
latest reply

I wonder if a lot of these no sales/slow sales started when they added the Deals & Savings search filter?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 35 of 36
latest reply

Folks you can blame yourselves or realize Ebay shares the blame.  All the glitches, checkout problems, inability to combine shipping at times, bizarre searches is enough to frustrate and chase off buyers.  The search engine is garbage.  I get totally unrelated matches near the top and the item I searched for is on page 3 . They ask the seller to jump through endless hoops in chase of a carrot but cannot provide the services you are paying for.  Sales have been garbage for the past 4 months for me.  Each month is less sales than the previous month.  Or I get a brief flurry of sales and offers for 6 hours than crickets for days.

They promised more sales for top rated sellers, implemented a kazillion things you had to do.  I dont see any difference.  Then you had to ship for free.  Now its guaranteed delivery.  What next  ?  Very frustrating to say the least. 

Message 36 of 36
latest reply