cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mentoring

I would really appreciate it if someone would mentor and look at my daughters ebay store. She is just getting started and is struggling to get sales. Thank you

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

mentoring

Are you the daughter?  Where do we go to check her listings out?  Without seeing it, I can tell you that if she has zero feedbacks, she's going to be treading uphill.  It shows she has no experience.  At all.  If she buys a few things and gets some feedback, then at least it'll show she' doing SOMETHING here.  Also, listings with zero or very low feedback score will draw thieves and cheats.  It's crook-bait. She would do well to come here to the boards and learn from people who are active and having problems. An eye opener!

Here's hoping she does well and tell her we said Welcome To Ebay!     

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

mentoring

@lifus-54rvpk wrote:

I would really appreciate it if someone would mentor and look at my daughters ebay store. She is just getting started and is struggling to get sales. Thank you

We can't see her store unless you are posting with that ID. And if that's the case, it's NOT a new seller with 697 listings and over 900 sales. 

Have your daughter post with her own ID in order to get advice.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

mentoring

Have your daughter pop in and make a post if she would like us to take a peek.  Many of us would be very happy to try and give her a helping hand.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 25
latest reply

mentoring

For anyone to look at your daughter's store, we would have to have her eBay ID.

And, frankly, it looks like you are pretty experienced here, so why don't YOU take a look and offer advice? 

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

mentoring

It take time to build up a business.  Is Freya Fashion 1 her store or yours?   

If the former It sounds more like you want her to be an eBay seller.  

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

mentoring

@soh.maryl wrote:

For anyone to look at your daughter's store, we would have to have her eBay ID.

And, frankly, it looks like you are pretty experienced here, so why don't YOU take a look and offer advice? 

Well kids don't often take the advice of a parent as seriously as they will a perfect stranger.  Sad but true.

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

mentoring

https://www.ebay.com/str/thesunlitroom

I am the mom, I also have an ebay store but I am talking about my daughters store, the sunlit room. She makes handmade jewelry and sells it. She has sold a few things and has had positive feedback. 

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

mentoring

Photos and listings look pretty good to me, but I can say I'm having a hard time seeing how she'll really make money at those prices (not that the prices aren't appropriate for what she's selling, just that $2 items once eBay takes their cut isn't going to work out to much if any profit unless she can sell multiples).  Can she consider making sets/lots of multiple items and selling them at higher prices?

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

mentoring

@lifus-54rvpk 

I'm in agreement about the pricing.......it's so cheap makes me wonder if the metal will turn immediately......not trying to insult your daughter, am sure she uses "good stuff".......but the pricing is way too low to make anyone think the stuff is worth buying.......

First thing I saw was a bracelet that is 9 1/2" long......I'm no tiny girl......but that would slip off my whole hand.  perhaps a typo? 

You said she makes jewelry, but the item specifics say not handmade?  If they are, that should be in the title and description........

On the IS, it is acceptable and desirable, according to ebay, to leave blank those specifics that don't apply because without that the IS is just a long, big  jumble of n/a's interspersed with a few that are filled out.

Don't want to be harsh.....but with so much jewelry for sale.......sellers need to find the most attractive way to display things and use titles that attract......Multicolor Long Imitation Pearl earrings.........could use some work......colored backgrounds may help some items "pop" out...... 

just some thoughts......

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

mentoring

What would be better than..."Multicolor Long Imitation Pearl earring" ??

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

mentoring

@lifus-54rvpk 

Jewelry is a very saturated venue here on eBay & other sites.  I know because that's what I sell, however I make my own jewelry.  Your daughters jewelry looks to be factory manufactured, perhaps from China.  As others have stated, it appears to be very inexpensive and not the best quality & the some of the photo's really need to be brightened up a bit.  She might want to work on those points & maybe look for better, more quality supplies.  

Good luck to your daughter and her selling career here on eBay. 

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

mentoring

@brightlightbookseller wrote:

Photos and listings look pretty good to me, but I can say I'm having a hard time seeing how she'll really make money at those prices (not that the prices aren't appropriate for what she's selling, just that $2 items once eBay takes their cut isn't going to work out to much if any profit unless she can sell multiples).  Can she consider making sets/lots of multiple items and selling them at higher prices?

@lifus-54rvpk 

I would agree with this too.  She is going to be working pretty hard for literally pennies.  She needs to up her shipping costs a little bit to allow the fees she will be paying on the shipping.  

She has listings she is going to ship for free [cost of shipping should be rolled into the price of the product] and only charging a couple of bucks for the item.  She will likely end up paying the buyer to purchase the item as she won't clear any money.

A side note: on necklaces with pendants, she is very good at describing the length of the necklace and all that, but in the ones I looked at she does not say the measurements / size of the actual pendant.  That can be important info to a buyer.

She clearly is working hard at making her store a special place.  She IMHO is making the same mistake I did when I started by store, I undervalued my stuff as well as my time.  Tell her SHE is WORTH MORE !!!

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

mentoring

Pink & Ivory Pearl Earrings Drop Dangle Silver Tone Hook 3+" Long

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

mentoring

@dhbookds wrote:

Pink & Ivory Pearl Earrings Drop Dangle Silver Tone Hook 3+" Long

I suggest adding the word "Faux" before Pearl.

Honestly @lifus-54rvpk , I think your daughter will struggle with that product on any online venue. Perhaps if she sold lots of 30 bracelets and marketed them as kids party favors she might be able to generate some decent business. Hope that helps. Good luck!

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 15 of 25
latest reply